VILLAGE HOUSE/PET FRIENDLY SERVICED APT

VILLAGE HOUSE/PET FRIENDLY SERVICED APT

hI I've heard from my friend there is more insects in village houses, is that true or does it depend on the area?

Does anyone know if there is a difference in bugs/insects depending on which floor of the village house you live on?

I'm also looking for a pet-friendly serviced apt, but I think Shama Soho has closed down already, anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Serviced apartment - Kush also let pet stay.

It depends on the area, your floor, and how clean you are. There will of course be more insects in a village home than in an apartment on the 20th floor of a tower, and similarly there will be more insects in the village home ground floor than the top floor.

Then again, when we lived in one, we lived on the top floor and had few bugs. For those bugs that we did have, our cats did away with them -- smart kitties! Coming from a similarly humid and insect-prone area, we were careful to keep our home clean and brought refuse out twice daily. However a friend in the same village, also on the top floor and further from the refuse center, had quite the insect problem in part because he was terribly messy, used open trash bins, and brought refuse out perhaps once a week.

hi thanks for the answers. i checked out kush, it's more than my budget right now...hmm...are there any any other suggestions?

i guess ill probably choose a top floor then, the last time i check out a ground floor, a frog jumped in!!
    Hehe I have a kitty also and she's the one who's the first to know the bugs are here!
    But she dosen't really do away with them cuz I stop her.
    I bring out my refuse like a few times a week, refuse I suppose you mean garbage, but that was a good reminder to have closed trash bins. living further from the refuse center is supposedly having less bugs or more? I'm getting the idea it's less.

Thanks for the answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokuto:
    It depends on the area, your floor, and how clean you are. There will of course be more insects in a village home than in an apartment on the 20th floor of a tower, and similarly there will be more insects in the village home ground floor than the top floor.

Then again, when we lived in one, we lived on the top floor and had few bugs. For those bugs that we did have, our cats did away with them -- smart kitties! Coming from a similarly humid and insect-prone area, we were careful to keep our home clean and brought refuse out twice daily. However a friend in the same village, also on the top floor and further from the refuse center, had quite the insect problem in part because he was terribly messy, used open trash bins, and brought refuse out perhaps once a week.

Are ALL village house areas insect-prone or it's not related to village house but just the area itself?

Quote Originally Posted by creamy338:
    Are ALL village house areas insect-prone or it's not related to village house but just the area itself?
    I think that ALL places in Hong Kong below floor 15 or so are insect prone -- I've never lived (nor worked) somewhere where we have not had insects. However, again, my husband and I are very clean people with cats who enjoy chasing and killing insects, and our experience was that our 3/F village house was no more insect-prone than our high tower apartment. But we were not a) living right next to a restaurant or refuse center (we saw village home apartments in these areas and they seemed to have the potential for more bugs), b) living right next to the wilderness (being on a road seems to help), and c) leaving our windows open all day (what windows we would leave open were mostly screened).

I agree with Hokuto, as we have never had a problem with insects either, no matter if it has been in a village house or a high floor apartment.

Lifestyle and general condition ( how well maintained it is ) of the site of where you live, has most to do with having insect problems, from my experience.

of course there are insects in village houses. generally, village houses are in areas that are more green and with a lot more vegetation around. that said, we don't find that many in our village house out in the middle of a country park. there is the odd cockroach that finds its way in, an odd spider or two (although,these are HUGE!), an of course thousands of mosquitoes!

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    of course there are insects in village houses. generally, village houses are in areas that are more green and with a lot more vegetation around. that said, we don't find that many in our village house out in the middle of a country park. there is the odd cockroach that finds its way in, an odd spider or two (although,these are HUGE!), an of course thousands of mosquitoes!
    Definitely concur with Carang, i have frogs and snakes to add to her list. the mosquitoes come in different sizes, black spot size ones are the real biters, striped ones that give you dengue fever and then we have the very large grass mossies that are harmless but look very disturbing.

I am married to a OCD clean freak wife who cleans the house multiple times even though it clean and we still get lots of insects as we live on the ground floor and surrounded by a jungle.