Empire vs CityLoft

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rottenlemon:
    I'm hoping to stay at a place where there are limited weirdos that try to hit on you or something
    Who told you anything about "weirdos that try to hit on you"? My advice is good but you reject it because you prefer to mope.

Your attitude is all wrong. I really don't think you should be travelling away from home.

Quote Originally Posted by rottenlemon:
    what to do when the bad happens
    Actually this says it all

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    I really don't think you should be travelling away from home.
    The problem is that she's 25 (going on 12) and has clearly never before managed to get away from the "cotton wool" mollycoddling at home. She clearly has a lot of growing up to do, but HK is as good a place as any to do that in a hurry I would say!
    Last edited by PDLM; 31-07-2009 at 06:43 PM.

You guys are being mean!

I've moved many times now as an adult, and despite only one of these moves being overseas, something bad has happened every time no matter how significant or unsignificant. She's only being realistic, and if nothing bad happens then wayhay!!

i would go with the hostel idea, personally. there are a few around. i even lived in CHUNG KING MANSIONS for 6 months when i came here...the building itself is unimaginably dirty, but the hostel that i stayed at had spotless rooms and the man who owned it was really nice.

hostels are always a great way to meet new people. the only problem with them is that most of the people are travellers not people looking to stay here.

for you, however, who are terrified of seemingly everything...i would look for a room to rent with other females. at least then you'd be with other people and might get to know a few before you decide where you will end up.

the problem with a service apartment for YOU is that you are so scared of being lonely. a service apartment will only exacerbate that feeling.

i'm not sure why you didn't move out on your own in canada before you decided to relocate half-way around the world??? especially since you are so afraid of living (or so it seems)?

Quote Originally Posted by carang:

i would look for a room to rent with other females.

i'm not sure why you didn't move out on your own in canada before you decided to relocate half-way around the world??? especially since you are so afraid of living (or so it seems)?
    I would like to meet the girls before I actually move in with them, so I'm planning on living in a service apartment for a month, look for work, and look for roomates for the 2nd month.

I am out on my on in Canada but I've always had a job, steady income, I know the geography, been here for so long, have a ton of friends. I'm scared because mainly I'm not that familiar with Hong Kong and I'm hoping to find better job opportunities there with my overseas experiences. God knows how long it'll take. This is what scares me the most (among others).

Quote Originally Posted by kryzlowski:
    You guys are being mean!

I've moved many times now as an adult, and despite only one of these moves being overseas, something bad has happened every time no matter how significant or unsignificant. She's only being realistic, and if nothing bad happens then wayhay!!
    THANK YOU! Geez... I don't see anything wrong with planning for the worst to happen. I'm just being realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    The problem is that she's 25 (going on 12)
    Now is that really necessary? Is this what people do during their free time? Go online and bully other people? Is this your excitement of the day? I mean you're entitled to your own opinion but there are other ways you can organize your words without being disrespectful to others.

You can be honest, but that is just pure disrespectful.

If you are on a budget the suggestions of hostels & short term room rentals are a good idea especially as it could take you longer than a month to find work.
    You can't worry about 'weirdoes' too much, you could live in a serviced apartment and be sandwiched between mental neighbors!
    Planning is good but you cannot plan every detail down to the type of people you might meet, you are just adding stress to your already full plate !

If I were you I would stay in a cheap room in a shared flat with random girls and if you don't like them, it will only be a month anyway, you will save 50% this way.

as said before, look for places in N.T. they are a better value. you can get something bigger than 190 sq. ft. you just are a little further out than TST or Hung Hom. I know that I have been looking at places in N.T. for when I move there, though I have found some good valued apartments in the Kowloon area (i.e. Grand Waterfront, Metro Harbour... etc) but there is a greater amount of apartments in N.T. look for some on the internet. [url=http://www.gohome.com.hk]ݯ

Gohome.com.hk does my head in. So sloooowwwww!

I actually found what I think is a better site, and faster - http://www9.property.hk/eng/

Last edited by kryzlowski; 02-08-2009 at 05:23 AM.