Urban Cube

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Urban Cube

Does anyone have any experience with Urban Cube Serviced Studios? Pros? Cons?

Thanks

urban cube experience

from my experience, its their location that's the best thing. really convenient from times square and subway. the room is clean with modern furnishings. pretty nice.

canada66,
    did you eventually stay at Urban Cube? can you share the experience please - i'm thinking of staying there too.

Thanks!

so so

Rooms are nice, location is convenient but the internet connection can be a problem. Really annoying sometimes.

you're pretty much on your own here. there are no 24/7 staff to assist you if there are any problems say with the internet and or if something does not work in your room.

also if you check in after 8 pm (i think that's the time), you have to pay a couple or so hundreds of dollars to have a staff wait for you to come in.

it's located in an old building so the facade may put you off. it's in the same building as one of the cityloft properties. but comparing the two, urban cube is newer than city, and their shower and toilet areas have separate "partitions". cityloft properties don't have that division so when you take a shower the whole bathroom gets wet including the toilet side

location is convenient but going to the entrance can be scary as you pass a short distance unlit alley first

so it depends what features are important to you

Avoid at all costs

Avoid The Urban Cube at all costs it was the filthiest place I have ever stayed in , on my first night the shower drain was clogged I ended up unclogging it myself , the drain was full of tangled black hair ( I am blond ) I also had to have the shower curtain replaced as it was encrusted with scum and other nasty remnants . There was food particles underneath the bed covered with a layer of dust and both the microwave and the fridge were dirty and smelly . There is also a very strong smell of dampness in the room .I have pictures taken of all these issues.
    I have also read a review on tripadvisor and it appears to be a scam as they also showed me( as they did the reviewer in T/A ) 2 very nice apartments but told me they were over booked when I arrived and offered me a budget apartment .
    I stayed less than 2 weeks I did not get a refund as I had left early but I could not stay there and I was glad to see the back of The Urban Cube

Quote Originally Posted by mike71:
    Rooms are nice, location is convenient but the internet connection can be a problem. Really annoying sometimes.
    Mike, or anyone else who has stayed there, could you please elaborate what types of issues you encountered with the internet during your stays?

Any other feedback, positive or negative, would help tremendously!

Thanks.

If you like shoeboxes then Urban Cube is for you!

Good price though!

i don't think that one should expect anything more from urban cube,city loft, and the like. for one - they do not have 24/7 on call staff, cleaning is done once a week and it is done in a hurried fashion i.e. surface cleaning only.

for example city loft has one cleaner handling several rooms per property for all properties in hk island in a week so i guess that it's considered speed cleaning.

urban cube should have been better as it is one property with several rooms only.

these type of establishments have cut costs by providing a skeleton crew, basic room setup, once a week cleaning and leave the guest pretty much on his own once he checks in.

Quote Originally Posted by Star Gazer:
    i don't think that one should expect anything more from urban cube,city loft, and the like. for one - they do not have 24/7 on call staff, cleaning is done once a week and it is done in a hurried fashion i.e. surface cleaning only.

for example city loft has one cleaner handling several rooms per property for all properties in hk island in a week so i guess that it's considered speed cleaning.

urban cube should have been better as it is one property with several rooms only.

these type of establishments have cut costs by providing a skeleton crew, basic room setup, once a week cleaning and leave the guest pretty much on his own once he checks in.
    This confirms my suspicion.

Would anyone be kind enough to PM me and recommend some serviced apartments to stay in Causeway Bay & Wanchai area? My budget is a max of $8500/month.

I'd even be willing to live as far east as North Point provided it's accessible to the MTR.

-Cheers.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast