View Poll Results: Would you consider living in Mui Wo?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, absolutely.

27 39.13%
  • Possibly.

21 30.43%
  • Probably not.

11 15.94%
  • Never!

10 14.49%
Like Tree4Likes

Mui Wo and Living in the Country

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Mui Wo and Living in the Country

We just bought a flat in Mui Wo. It's a 2 bedroom, 700 sq ft place with the roof, all for HK$1.275M. Not bad.
    Getting a mortgage was very easy, in fact, we had two banks competing for our business.
    Lawyer was very nice, charging us "only" HK$5700.
    So we're moving to the country. Goodbye highrise. Goodbye noise. Goodbye pollution.
    Hello beach life.

I'd love to live out there, but I have to run all over HK every day and the ferry would be a pain. If my job involved less running around, I'd definitely consider it.

Pics or it didn't happen!! (kidding, but really, post pics!)

just to let you know, there is A LOT more country to hk than just mui wo....

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

Can think of nothing finer, but please if you are a man go easy on the Mui Wo Mullet. I spent a month there a couple of Christmases ago, and was quite sad to return to humdrum honkers. Imagine a trip to Kwun Tong which starts with a kaido to DB,a bus to Sunny Bay then the MTR the rest of the way.
    If you don't already have one, a rooftop hot tub is not a luxury so start saving.

like Jay, the only deal breaker for me is the commute to HK/Kowloon, otherwise I'd not hesitate

Which part of Mui Wo? I've wanted to move there for years, but the wife's job didn't allow it.

I like it in so many ways. For my money, best place to live in HK. It would be even better if they could clean up the beaches, get rid of the feral dogs, chase the Skyline-driving wannbe gangsters out and get serious about cycle paths.

misshappy26 likes this.

Message deleted.

Last edited by Sigga; 21-08-2009 at 01:49 PM.

Retiring in Mui Wo

Well if you have read any of my previous posts you know that I currently live in Toronto Canada and hubby & I are planning to retire in one of the villages outside Mui Wo in 2013. (or sooner if we win the lottery )

Visiting again in Feb 2010 for New Years and plan to stay first week again at Silvermine Beach Hotel to do more research. Would love to meet up with anyone who currently lives there.

Betty

Mat

it is a bitch of a commute - else why not since it got great hiking / biking trail.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast