Advice on accommodation

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advice on accommodation

Hi again....
    I was going through a lot (LOT!!) of posts on this site on living in HK.... and somehow most of them maybe are favored towards Mid-Levels....
    My frustration is I cant decide on between Kennedy Town & Mid Levels....& the Arch....
    I want a spacious apartment (at-least 800sq. ft.. covered area), and sea view... There are quite a few buildings in mid-levels w/ sea view, but ocean isn't really as close as in Kennedy Town....
    My budget is around HKD25K...
    would you guys please help me on pro's & con's of living in both places, and advice me from your own experience...??

For 25K you probably wont get the Harbour view The arch, and prob, will be the one of the smaller apartment here.

I have a harbour view in Mid Levels and about 800 sg ft (gross), pool, clubhouse for your budget. If you want 800 sq ft net (ie actual space in the apartment) then you may struggle. I think rents are going up now too, so landlords may be less inclined to negotiate.

thanks chocolatekisses, I know budget's low, but my apt.'s somewhere out there....
    beanie,tks for your offer, Ill keep it in mind... but this thread I only want advice on which place will be better... Kennedy Town/MidLevel or Kowloon.....
    If I do end up chosing Mid Levels, I'll giv u a bell
    Regarding budget.... I was looking at paying the years rent in 2 shots... in break up of 6months, some people have told me landlords do lower the prices quite a bit that way.....

Sorry i think you misunderstood - i'm not offering you my apartment, just saying that the one i'm renting myself meets your requirements within your budget...just! So showing that it is possible to get what you are looking for in Mid Levels.

hihi,

Here is some info on the two areas

Kenndy Town, is a very convenient place to live. You can find all type of public transportation traveling around Hong Kong. And mini buses are 24 hours, taxis are everywhere.
    You will find super market, 7-eleven, banks and all types of stores in this area.
    The neighborhood is alright. It is very busy during daytime and probably after 11pm it begin to quiet down. It really depends which area of kennedy town u r living at. If you want a sea view belcher and Manhattan heights are pretty good. New, with club house- swimming pool, gym etc, with sea view. It should be within your budget.

As for mid-level, it is definitely a good place to live. Its quite, clean, and with a good view. But is not as convenience, mostly taxi and mini bus- going to admiralty and central. Not as much stores, bank.

Hope this can help you

Beanieskies: my apologies, I was in a hurry and misread your post, I hope no harm done
    Bulubulu: tks for your advice.... from the looks of your post, I believe Mid-Levels would be a better option, the main thing Im lookin for in narrowing down my choices is someplace that is quiet, where I can come back, relax and enjoy an awesome view and clean/fresh air...
    But what u think will an apartment in mid-levels fit my budget? I know Beanieskies said there is a slight probability but not too optimistic about it.......

For kowloon, i can get to IFC without getting wet, i can get to pacific places without ever walk outside... depend on where you work. its quite handy during the typhoon.

I work in kowloon side.... but commute doesnt bother me soo much...
    today looked at a couple of apartments in merton 1.... around 23K....... 750sq. ft....high floor.... but that building didnt feel like to me someplace I can picture myself living in...... any other recommendations you guys can give me?? KT seemed like a nice place...... and so did Kowloon & hung hom bay & kowloon bay....... and I hear North Point is good too....... Im totally lost

i strongly suggest you look at tin hau and fortress hill. i am living in fortress hill directly on the harbour front. 700 sqf with rooftop = 15k

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast