service apartments for $5k or less?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

service apartments for $5k or less?

well, it has been almost 1 full month of full-time flat hunting, unfortunately with good result..sigh. I'm trying to find some service apartments or places with internet/maid service that runs about 5k per month. The best I found 6k , and most of them dont even have those 6k rooms available at the time I called. Tried pretty much all the online cassifieds ad, websites... you name it.

My ideal location would be close to Hong Hum and Central, can anyone give me some suggestions???

Last edited by mmoojooo; 22-09-2009 at 12:52 PM.

service apartments for $5k or less? VERY HIGHLY UNLIKELY, 100% more unlikely for the two locations that you choose.

there are some, but is just that those are normally managed by local and their target market are the mainlanders or HK locals. I'm guessing they only advertise on places we are not familiar with.

Last edited by mmoojooo; 22-09-2009 at 02:04 PM.

Yeah, um... Try the local lamppost or dark doorway... Seriously, I'm not kidding!

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    Licensed hotels/guesthouses, clubs and bedspace apartments

[url=http://timway.com/hk/Recreation/Travel/Lodging/Guest_House/]
    thanks for such an informative reply!

service apartments for $5k or less? VERY HIGHLY UNLIKELY, 100% more unlikely for the two locations that you choose.
    Rubbish - I'm sure they exist. After all, who needs more than 18 sq ft of space (3 x 6ft, for the bed, ).

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Rubbish - I'm sure they exist. After all, who needs more than 18 sq ft of space (3 x 6ft, for the bed, ).
    Then its usually called a guest house. A room with a bed, very basic amenities. When u hear of serviced apartments especially on an expat forum, one does automatically think of the classy ones, and one does think that the person asking is also a foreigner looking for some sort of decent room (in this case, requires internet + maid service). If requiring a room with bed / tv, shared toilet etc, then i would assume it to be a guest house.

Shamp shui po cage beds, would you call them serviced apartments.

Then its usually called a guest house. A room with a bed, very basic amenities. When u hear of serviced apartments especially on an expat forum, one does automatically think of the classy ones, and one does think that the person asking is also a foreigner looking for some sort of decent room (in this case, requires internet + maid service). If requiring a room with bed / tv, shared toilet etc, then i would assume it to be a guest house.

Shamp shui po cage beds, would you call them serviced apartments.
    I know. i was being sarcastic. I think the OP might have some pretty unrealistic expectations!

I lived in one at 5K in causeway bay for about 6 months 3 or so years ago (doubt it is that price now). Was TINY 103sq feet, but clean, had a bed,wardrobe, TV, wireless internet, toilet, shower and microwave, element and sink. Had a maid once a week. Also gym membership at california. Think it was called cozy appartments or something.

The most impressive thing was what they could put in a space that size, and nicely.

Also I moved out half way through a month and they refunded me on a per day basis the remainder of my stay! I didn't even askthem too!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast