Commutable "green/open" places to live

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7

Quote Originally Posted by yaphy
    Actually that's true - drinks are so expensive in HK. I guess it is OK since food and cabs are so cheap.

On public transportation, the 30X bus runs until 9pm and the minibus from Causeway Bay runs until 12 midnight but that's about it. No 24 hour buses. It can get inconvenient to buy food too - the restaurant on the ground floor of the club house is kind of pricey.

Anyone here knows the opening hours of Bel Air's facilities - gym, pool, tennis courts, basketball courts?
    Yes, I was wrong about the 24h public buses. It is all-day service (unlike the Bel-Air shuttle, see above), but no service between midnight and 6.00 AM.

Somewhat agree with the point about shopping - the supermarket in Cyberport is average at best and closes at 20.00. However, the one in Baguio Villas is a lot better in terms of selection and open until 21.00. Many more shopping options in Aberdeen, Shouson Hill, Repulse Bay, etc..
    Also, for bigger shopping trips, one can go to any of the P&S and Wellcome goup outlets and get delivery. And there is, of course, always online ordering.

Actually disagree with the point about the clubhouse restaurant - I do not think it is very expensive. Nothing special in terms of food (but not bad either) and certainly no "destination", but a good fall-back option during typhoons or whenever you are caught without food at home - even deliver to your apartment. However, the restaurant closes at 21.00 or something.

Fundamentally IMO, Bel-Air (and the area) is a much better place if one drives/has a car. Aside from the less painful commute and shopping, it also makes it so much easier to explore the South Side and Kowloon as well as to get to the airport.

Anyone here knows the opening hours of Bel Air's facilities - gym, pool, tennis courts, basketball courts?
    I will ask me friend and let you know.

Bel-Air strikes me as a family place. Not sure I've heard of any singles living there so you might feel bored or out of place.

Thank you guys for all the feedback.

I have just signed a lease for a 1 bedroom in Bel-Air. Hopefully I will be OK there. As long as I don't get too carried away with the Hong Kong lifestyle, I should be OK. It certainly was never that convenient shopping in London, and travel time always took at least 30 minutes everywhere I went.

Will also check out the food at the restaurant in Bel-Air!

Cheers,

I heard that the Bel-Air facilities are very expensive. Apart from free use of the gym and pool, one has to pay for everything else.

Does anyone know the hourly charges for all the facilities there? Is there a webpage I can refer to? I can't seem to find it on google.

Any help much appreciated.

I heard that the Bel-Air facilities are very expensive. Apart from free use of the gym and pool, one has to pay for everything else.

Does anyone know the hourly charges for all the facilities there? Is there a webpage I can refer to? I can't seem to find it on google.

Any help much appreciated.
    Since you are tenant now, you an rock up to the customer service center (in the club house) with a copy of your lease and join Club Bel-Air (one-off joining fee is something like HKD3,000 and also will need to deposit some amount into your account). Service staff can provide you with a list of facilities (including opening hours and charges), register your Octopus cards if you wish (for using the facilities, as well as for car parking, lift lobbies, elevators, etc.), etc. You will also get a log-in for the Bel-Air intranet site which has all the information and lets you make reservations, etc.

Thanks Beachball.

Are you a tenant as well? Any interest in basketball, tennis, badminton, or even a pint at some point?

Cheers,

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7