Bel Air / Cyber Port

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Question Bel Air / Cyber Port

We are coming to HK for our 'awareness trip' next weekend and asked our re-location agent to show us around in and properties in Mid-levels and Repulse Bay / Stanley as we can't decide if we want city or sea.... we are mid thirties with no children. We have a budged of around 65000 HKD - our agent has put aside a day to show us Cyber Port and Bel Air..... I have not thought about these areas at all.... what does everybody think about them... is she just on high commission for the area ??? I am going to try to find more info but I have never come across these locations on the websites I have been looking at. Any advice or info would be great.

I'm sorry I don't know much about the housing and technical side of moving there as I'm just the son of the parents living here who made the housing decisions. I'll just give you a brief overview of the place. The facilities are excellent and the views of the Cyberport are excellent. The rooms, for a couple of two should be more than adequate, considering we were looking at the place as a family of three. Bel Air's demographic is mostly locals, however. I've heard cases that some expats can get stifled through that but I suppose that's more of a personal judgement more than anything else.

Although we never settled for it because of the size, I think it would be well worth your while to give it a look.

Thanks for that. I have just found that they are not areas but apartments in Pokfulam. Is there much to do in this area ?? It looks like the apartments have great facilities - does this mean there is not much outside..... I had not really condisered this area and can't remember why we had originally dismissed it....

Take a look at lower Baguio -- nice apartments within a hop skip and three jumps of Cyberport and Scenic Villas.

Our office is in Cyberport and while the facilities are "ok" the transportation is still a bit of a mess.

Many of the apartments in Cyberport are vacant, given that the owners have bought them purely for speculative purposes.

Fair number of expats in the Park 'N Shop.. not too many.

Also, the food / grocery selection (Deli Counter etc) are better at the Baguio Villas supermarket compared to the Cyberport supermarket -- so count on a slight trek if you need a wider range of products.

Drop us a line if you're in Cyberport.

Thanks KIA I may take you up on that offer if our agent gives us any room to breath .... will go and spend some time doing a bit more research..... how long would it tale to cet to Central from Cyber port of the transport is in 'a bit of a mess'??? what about restaurants... would you eat out close to work ??

One thing that I would say is that the MTR (underground system) ends at Sheung Wan. You will therefore need to rely on buses/taxis.

Hi JanetW,

I am an expat and live in Residence Bel Air. Is 65K your housing budget? The club house and the outdoor pool are just great, definitely worth you take a look. There's a shuttle bus that goes to Sheung Wan station (takes about 15 mins) every 30 mins. From there, you can go to Central. Pm me if you wish to have more details.

Hi Janet,
    I just came back from looking at properties at The Belchers and Bel Air and I have to say for five star quality, Bel Air is great. The facilities are really incredible, definitely the best I have seen so far. They remind me of a five star hotel. You should check it out for sure, I don't think a taxi would cost much more than $65 HKD from Bel Air to Central.
    Repulse Bay is also really lovely if you want to feel like you are away from it all.
    Good luck hunting!

hbrand - which estate agent did you use to look at Bel Air. I ahve only found one agent with bel air info on the website and none with Cyber Port - any suggestions of good sites ??

Janet - Cyberport is the commerical (office / mall) development and Belair is the residential development.. they're in the same area.

ALL the real estate agents have Belair listings.

A new one has just opened up in the Cyberport Mall.

Cyberport Office listings are not available -- you'll have to approach the management directly.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast