Can I do internet retail out of my home?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Talking Can I do internet retail out of my home?

I am moving to Hong Kong and want sell some stuff out of my condo or home by internet retail. I'd like about 1,500-2,000 square feet as cheap as possible...which probably means locating somewhere in the New Territories. Easy access to TST is also important by mass transit. Any advice?

there is a large village called Shenzhen with a direct train to TST.

No direct train to TST anymore, sadly!

if you get out at hung hom station and walk over the bridge, you are technically in TST.

If you get out at quite a few stations and walk you could be in TST, but I understand what you mean. However the walk isn't that easy, depending on where you are going.

Also check the terms of your rental agreement. I've seen several leases recently that mention that you can't use your flat to operate any kind of business from.

What, get out at the mid level platform of hunghom and you'll be at ploy technic in 3 minutes. that's TST east.

anyway, i dont think OP knows much about hong kong.

OK, Hung Hom is TST, have it your way! (And Poly U is officially in Hung Hom while the New Mandarin Centre is listed as TST) So, an extra minute to Harbour City? Oh well, will stop for coffee at Kowloon Tong, Mongkok on my way back from TST later, oh am I in TST? Heheheheh

Quote Originally Posted by zilla:
    I am moving to Hong Kong and want sell some stuff out of my condo or home by internet retail. I'd like about 1,500-2,000 square feet as cheap as possible...which probably means locating somewhere in the New Territories. Easy access to TST is also important by mass transit. Any advice?
    Anywhere along the West Rail corridor fits that description without having to enter into a debate about whether Hung Hom is in TST..... Try Tuen Mun or Yuen Long - there are village houses around Yuen Long that might work. But as others note, check the lease first!

Tai Po is the place to go?

thank you for all your feedback. In USA many people do sell out of their homes and no one blinks really even if technically its not allowed.

I'm guessing as long as you don't have people and products constantly coming in and out no one will notice or even care.

However, its bad to make assumptions. I don't want to make that assumption that its no problem and have Hong Kong government officials quickly breathing down my neck.

After looking a lot of blogs last night it seems that Tai Po might be a potentially good location for me to start. What I like about Tai Po:
    1. easy access to mass transit, inlcuding reasonable travel time to TST.
    2. its a large city unto itself and I can get all the services I need there.
    3. Air pollution is not as bad.
    4. Country setting. a lot of parks.
    5. Room to expand. If I should decide to lease a warehouse there is a large industrial park area (though not sure if I can get a small unit).
    6. okay to spend 15-20k per month. looking for about 1500+ square feet.

Question: Are there any decent yet affordable schools there for pre-school and primary and middle school age?

Love to hear any feedback on my blog observations and research.

Zilla

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast