Olympic or Kowloon Station prices?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Olympic or Kowloon Station prices?

just curious what prices are like in the kowloon station and Olympic station residences. Im looking to get a 700-800 sq ft place... directly upstairs from these 2 locations for easy 5min access to the train.

any ideas?
    any negative reviews for these joints?

btw...ive checked gohome and the likes...but didnt find much information available for rent in these 2 estate areas.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Olympic can be stinky depending on the wind direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    Olympic can be stinky depending on the wind direction.
    stinky from what?

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

From the sewage treatment plant on Stonecutter's. Apparently, some residents get used to it and no longer notice it. The same can't be said for some visitors.

Quote Originally Posted by BenderBends:
    stinky from what?
    The rubbish that was used as landfill when the land was reclaimed. Methane regularly comes out of vents in the water – it can be pretty stinky

ok... scratch that then.
    any ideas on prices for the flats above Kowloon station?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Never noticed any smell and I live right over the top of Olympic... weird.

Also over Olympic you are probably looking at around the 20k - 25k a month amount for a place that size depending on the building you choose this will vary (newer places tend to be more expensive)

Kowloon station would be about half as much again to double the price for the same size place.

I would recommend Olympic heavily as most of the stuff is cheaper and it still has really decent facilities close around. Probably more useful stuff around than just all the designer outlets and very high end supermarket at Kowloon.

If you haven't found much online then drop in to one of the property agents over at Olympic they have loads of stuff around and also possibly some info on Kowloon station area as well.

Last edited by HKonelegger; 05-10-2009 at 06:25 PM.

i would personally never chose kowloon station over olympic - except if you can afford a 20m waterfront apartment.

on any other note, olympic winds hands down

I viewed some aparments on both Olympic & Kowloon on this week Friday. Here are list o apartments & asked rental prices:

Kowloon

The Waterfront 833sqf: 25k (furnished)
    Sorrento 998sqf: 30k
    Sorrento 836sqf: 30k

Olympic

Central Park 934sqf: 27k
    The Long Beach 739sqf: 20k
    Park Avenue 982: 26k

wow, that size place at Long Beach was going for 12K back in january.

Olympic very convenient with two good low/mid end malls (olympian 1 and 2) and one hige end mall onse mtr stop away (elements). good transport to Mong Kok, TST, etc by bus or to HK by MTR.

As for the smell. really isn't that bad. It is at its strongest down by the water. i would imagine some of the seaview places at Long Beach and Hampton Place get the worst of it.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast