Flats a good investment for US$ devaluation and inflation?

Closed Thread

Flats a good investment for US$ devaluation and inflation?

I heard a few times that flats are a good investment when there is inflation. What are your thoughts?

Also, what about the devaluation of the US$? I hope the HK government will peg the HK$ to the RMB, which I believe it said it will do eventually, but in the meantime, are flats in HK good investments, using a 5 year time-frame (and considering I am thinking in Euros)? What are your thoughts?

i think you just want someone to agree with you and you are not looking for opinions. go and predict what your fake stone tiles would like in your imaginary flat.
    Dr No

Quote Originally Posted by thundacatchergo:
    i think you just want someone to agree with you and you are not looking for opinions. go and predict what your fake stone tiles would like in your imaginary flat.
    Dr No
    Oh no, not you again.
    If you don't have anything intelligent to write, why do you bother writing anything at all? You are a complete waste of broadband.

Yes, real estate can be a good hedge against inflation as its a tangible asset. But of course one has to look at alternative investments and current market conditions. One can't say that the HK market is cheap right now, that's for sure.

Hahhahahah

Quote Originally Posted by thundacatchergo:
    go and predict what your fake stone tiles would like in your imaginary flat.
    Dr No