Pokfulam or Kowloon Station?

Closed Thread

Pokfulam or Kowloon Station?

Hi all,

I've read a lot of postings on similar topics, but here's another "update" shot... We'll be living with our 2-year-old in HK and would appreciate any tips on where to live. We'll both be working in Central, and nanny and baby will stay home. Thus, our top priorities are: easy commute as well as children-friendly environment (with good kindergarten, playground, etc.). So far I'm interested in The Belchers and The Arch/Sorrento. I think The Belchers wins in terms of easy commute, but Kowloon Station area has great convenience facilities which I think I would appreciate esp. on weekends. Could someone please comments on pros/cons of each or, better yet, recommend one over the other? Is subway really so bad during rush hours?

Would really appreciate your advice.

Thanks!

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Just FYI, the MTR from Kowloon Station and Hong Kong Station (Central) is 5 minutes. A crush yes, albeit a 5-minute one.

Thanks! I know that it's only one stop away, but it's another 15-min or so walk from HK Station to my office, which isn't bad but isn't ideal

Quote Originally Posted by chouxchoux:
    Thanks! I know that it's only one stop away, but it's another 15-min or so walk from HK Station to my office, which isn't bad but isn't ideal
    *gasp at the thought of walking 15 mins*

15 mins isn't bad if it's indoors.

Arch/Sorrento etc have great clubhouse facilities for the the kids.

I looked at Belcher's and Sorrento. Finally decided to go with Sorrento as I liked the convenience of all the shops, restaurants, and the train station downstairs. But then looked one station further (Olympic) and settled there as costs were (at the time) around 40% less.