another "Suggest a place" thread

Closed Thread

another "Suggest a place" thread

i need something that is easy to get to both Tsuen Wan and TST, with direct public transit to each (no interchanges) and a total transit time of 30min or less to either direction.

i would prefer:
    - over 800sq ft
    - view of city or green is fine, just not a view into my neighbors flat 2m away
    - newish/modern buildings (not old dilapidated places)
    - decent variety of restaurants/shopping in walking proximity

Price needs to be 13K max

thanks for help suggesting...

I thought you were looking at Tsuen Wan places before?

Have you tried:-
    Liberte
    Banyan Gardens
    Aqua Marine
    All are near Lai Chi Kok MTR, all are semi-new with clubhouses.

There's a red minibus that take you to Tsuen Wan from the end of Banyan Gardens It's starts in WanChai or CausewayBay, and you can get on if people get off at that stop.

There must be tons of buses either way from Cheung Sha Wan Road, but can't be bothered to look them up right now.

If you are not keen on those pulic transports then there is the Tsuen Wan Line MTR to both Tsuen Wan and TST, no interchange. 15-20mins max.

Tons of eateries in the LCK area, some better then others - Need to send me a PM for personal recommendations in that area

Obviously some apartments offer views offer greenary/seaview/people's homes, depending on direction/floor number...

You can rent the smaller apartments with your budget.

Ken

yeah... I'm still planning to look in tsuen wan, and will check out LCK too. I'm just looking for other suggestions then the immediate Tsuen Wan area, as it's so industrial here. also I figured anything on the sheung shui kcr line would be good too for my wife, but I don't know which stop has nice flats upstairs and direct transit to tsuen wan.
    Posted via Mobile Device

New Haven

Hi,

If you are insist to live in Tsuen Wan, then you definitely needs to check the New Haven in Tsuen Wan..New Haven is located in near Panda Hotel.After living 5 years in Sham Tseng we moved to Tsuen Wan 2 years ago.We almost checked every new, clean, bug-free building nearby Tsuen Wan..Let me tell you advantages;

- Close to MTR station (Both Tai Wo Hau and Tsuen Wan, actually it's in the middle)
    -You live in the city, so shopping very easy(Park'n'shop and Welcome jsut few steps away)
    -Modern building
    -It has more affordable rent rates than others in Tsuen Wan..
    -Flats are planned in fine.(If you check many flats to rent before you may understand what i mean..I've seen many flats with lots of no-use spaces for ex.the flats on top of Discovery Park.Flats planned so stupidly so there is al lot of space you can't use..)

Cheers,
    Mel

Quote Originally Posted by chihuahu:
    Hi,

If you are insist to live in Tsuen Wan, then you definitely needs to check the New Haven in Tsuen Wan..New Haven is located in near Panda Hotel.After living 5 years in Sham Tseng we moved to Tsuen Wan 2 years ago.We almost checked every new, clean, bug-free building nearby Tsuen Wan..Let me tell you advantages;

- Close to MTR station (Both Tai Wo Hau and Tsuen Wan, actually it's in the middle)
    -You live in the city, so shopping very easy(Park'n'shop and Welcome jsut few steps away)
    -Modern building
    -It has more affordable rent rates than others in Tsuen Wan..
    -Flats are planned in fine.(If you check many flats to rent before you may understand what i mean..I've seen many flats with lots of no-use spaces for ex.the flats on top of Discovery Park.Flats planned so stupidly so there is al lot of space you can't use..)

Cheers,
    Mel
    i do not insist on tsuen wan...its just the main one people recommend. but if i DID move to tsuen wan, it would need to be directly above west rail line station, otherwise i would not see any benefit in our commuting times, and a degrading in our living quality.

Quote Originally Posted by BenderBends:
    yeah... I'm still planning to look in tsuen wan, and will check out LCK too. I'm just looking for other suggestions then the immediate Tsuen Wan area, as it's so industrial here. also I figured anything on the sheung shui kcr line would be good too for my wife, but I don't know which stop has nice flats upstairs and direct transit to tsuen wan.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Tai Wai/ Sha Tin/ Fo Tan on the old KCR line has fast green minibuses to Tsuen Wan. Sha Tin in particular has super fast buses (48x/49x) as well... but in the mornings it's a queue and cram... bus times - 15mins (when you get on...)

Tai Wai/Sha Tin/Fo Tan - TST transport link, pretty sure there's one bus all the way. Maybe the KCR to Hung Hom and interchange for 1 stop to TST East, since they changed the stucture recently.

My previous suggestions (Vision City) for Tsuen Wan would be the closest you can get to the TW West line at the moment if you wanted new flats. There are plans on having new residential units directly above the West rail station, maybe in 2011-12. There are older estates, that are closer to the station, but I remember you wanting new facilities only... Also view "The Dynasty", but unsure if your budget can get you in there...

I have heard of "New Haven", isn't that the hotel turned residential building? ... it's semi-new too, but it also has centrally controlled aircon, so you can breath the same air as the neighbours. You might like it...

Ken