Hotel for the parents?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hotel for the parents?

My parents are coming over for christmas and I need to put them in a hotel. The budget is about $1,000 a night for a double and single (can be in one room). I was going to put them either on the island near Central if possible or in TST.

I live in Wan Chai but I can easily go and find them after work. As long as they have easy access to an MTR.

Are there any reasonable hotels for this kind of price? I was going to go out hunting next weekend but thought it would be good if I had some ideas of places to check out rather than just wandering round as I don't really know much about HK yet.

Rosedale on the Park - Hong Kong Is handy to the MTR, 5-10 minutes walk to SoGo and Patterson street Causeway bay.

The Wharney Hotel is in Wanchai, The Wharney Guang Dong Hotel Hong Kong close to the MTR and and Pacific Place, which will do what you want. Better views at the Rosedale, if on the harbour side on the 30th floor... Probably a good idea to visit both hotels in person, see the rooms in question, negotiate a price, then advance book the room.

Then you'll be set
    Last edited by Skyhook; 17-10-2009 at 10:57 PM.

Try courtyard by Marriott in sheung wan, in Connaught road west, 167 I think. Good hotel and rates are about 900 a night. Free shuttle bus to IFC. 10 minute walk from sheung wan MTR station.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Harbour Grand at North Point is a lovely hotel and doing special rates on their website at the moment. It's 3 minutes' walk from Fortress Hill mtr station.

Package deals

This may not help if you've already booked their flights but I've always found that the cheapest way is to book a flight and hotel deal with someone like expedia.

Other than that you can try the holiday inn express in causeway bay or the accor in wanchai.

Hi - If you have a HKID card then sometimes local travel agents can do a special promotion for 'residents/weekend getaways', you can extend these for a few days usually.

The likely culprits are Hong Thai/Wing Hong/Sunflower and they are in most places around HK.

I do like the Park Lane Hotel in Causeway Bay for location (quiet and near Vic Park), but 2 minutes away from the shopping and eating in Causeway Bay. Btw, I haven't stayed there before - only checked out the suite rooms when a friend was over.

Would hotel bookings be coming thick and fast for the Christmas break?

Ken

park lane will set you back A LOT more than $1000/night, though.

Try Fraser suites in wanchai
    Posted via Mobile Device

Hi

I'm local people, PM me i can give you some information

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast