Apartment Investment location?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BenderBends:
    4. similarly any website showing historical sale prices for area/estate/flat?
    Centa-City Index

Tung Chung

Tung Chung has lots of expatriates and prices are reasonable, and only 25-30 minutes to the Central.

How about Ho Man Tin or anything else along the proposed north-south corridor? I know this will still take a few years but not too long after you might think about moving away, they'll have an MTR station with easy connections to HK Island and the mainland?

tung chung isnt bad location. any recommended estates?

ill have to look into ho man tin....as ive never been there. any recommended estates?

would you guys/gals think Tsuen Wan (Dynasty or Vision City) is a bad investment as around $6.5K psf?

No idea what a good value in Tsuen Wan is. But I don't see how Tsuen Wan would become a better place to live in the future compared to now. Ho Man Tin/To Kwa Wan or HKI West/South will get connected to the MTR network, Tung Chung will benefit from the Pearl River bridge. Although I personally would not buy a flat in TC if I was planning to use it for myself....

i cant find any estimated completion dates...anyone know when below stations will open?

- Whampoa?
    - Ho Man Tin?

Last exhibition in the stations said construction of the Kowloon parts should be finished in 2015. No details were given regarding single stations.

can anyone recommend some estates in Ho Man Tin, or a good agent to talk with?

im going this afternoon to look at apartments

wow....ho man tin was a waste.
    went to 3 realtors, and the best they had to show was 800-1000sq ft places going for $7M-10M. these places were in secluded buildings with no views, you had to take a minibus to get to nearest shops/restaurants, and the facilities included a pool the size of a foot bath.

when we complained...the realtor said : "but the lobby smells nice, right?" lol...great selling point.

even when we tried complaining and comparing some other location prices we've found in newer luxory apartments in Tsuen Wan and Hung Hom, she said its no comparison because HoManTin is better.

wow....just wow.

location location location.

i would rule out everything in NT including tung chung. there are too much land supply out there.
    i like hung hom but i doubt the new mtr station will make much difference in 2015. hung hom will always be on the wrong side of the tracks. if i was to bet on new MTR lines, i would rather go for aberdeen and Kai Tak.

stay on the island if you can. wan chai is the obvious location. happy valley if you can stretch your budget. tin hau / tai hang has potential.

olympic station has good potential whenever the west kowloon hub and ICC are done. Mei Foo is old and dirty but has some potential similar to olympic. same goes for nam cheong.

my 2 cents