Apartment Investment location?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Apartment Investment location?

im interested in buying an apartment soon in HK, and was curious if people can suggest some good areas that would be wise investment locations. I would need to live there for a few years minimum, but if i dont stay here permanently id like to have a better feeling about selling in the future.

im interested more in Kowloon or NT side.

so far i have only looked at Tsuen Wan (Dynasty, Chelsey, Vision City) and Hung Hom (Royal Peninsula). the apartments were gorgeous, and price was around 6500 psf. Are these good spots? other ideas?

btw...i know nothing is certain, just looking for advice as its my first buy and do not want to go over board on cost (below 4.5M)

park island?

Quote Originally Posted by cookie09:
    park island?
    never in a million years would i invest in Park Island.
    thanks for suggestion though.

any others?

How much do you want to invest?

If a small amount, then I'd suggest a cheaper, more 'local' type area where resale to locals is the norm. If a larger amount, then a more 'expat' or middle class type area might suit.

I have friends who invested in the Gold Coast (Agean Coast) - on the basis that the area is growing, a new international school is coming soon, the outlay was reasonably small and within their budget (2m) - they sounded like they really looked into it (and one of them works on HKI, so not exactly just for convenience!). Like you, they are planning to live there for a while then let out..... So I'd say that type of thinking is what you need to do.

Quote Originally Posted by BenderBends:
    never in a million years would i invest in Park Island.
    why not? overpriced in your view?

alternatives could also be the properties between tsuen wan and tuen mun. some of them look quite nice.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie09:
    why not? overpriced in your view?

alternatives could also be the properties between tsuen wan and tuen mun. some of them look quite nice.
    in my opinion, Park Island is on the way downhill. its too small and overcrowded with crappy tourist attractions that people will not be interested in living there unless MAJOR plans for more shops/grocers/restaurants are planned. up to now...the only plan is to keep adding homes and tourist attractions.

it is no longer a quiet peaceful green destination. instead its now an overcrowded loud inconvenient place to live.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    How much do you want to invest?

If a small amount, then I'd suggest a cheaper, more 'local' type area where resale to locals is the norm. If a larger amount, then a more 'expat' or middle class type area might suit.

I have friends who invested in the Gold Coast (Agean Coast) - on the basis that the area is growing, a new international school is coming soon, the outlay was reasonably small and within their budget (2m) - they sounded like they really looked into it (and one of them works on HKI, so not exactly just for convenience!). Like you, they are planning to live there for a while then let out..... So I'd say that type of thinking is what you need to do.
    im looking between 3-4M ideally, but of course less would be better. i dont know how much renovation i could handle myself, and dont really have the help i would need without paying for renovations. which is why i kind of ruled out any "local" places that would need major revisions.

i was thinking more in lines of the lower end expats, who want something nice, but not outrageously expensive.

my biggest issue is that besides the major hotspots like TST, Central, etc...i dont really know what areas have plans in the works or show great potential for future expat renters/buyers.

tsuen wan seems like an ever increasing amount of expats moving/working in this area, but then i compare the $psf and it seems hung Hom is same, which doesnt make sense to me.

thats why im just wondering if anyone can recommend a few things to get me started:
    1. A few locations you think show promise in Kowloon or NT.
    2. Any estate names if you know of specific ones
    3. any website to find what average or historical rents prices were for areas/estates/flats?
    4. similarly any website showing historical sale prices for area/estate/flat?

thanks PDLM.
    no thoughts on 1&2? You have been here for a while...maybe you got some good ideas?

I don't know the dark side very well (except in terms of hiking) so not really I'm afraid.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast