Like Tree3Likes

Royal Peninsula

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

1 thing that bugs some chinese people about hung hom is the funeral homes and its associated businesses in the neighborhood.

HK will never stop to amaze me.

500.000 euros for around 80 sq meter in HungHom.

For that price I get a really nice flat already in a not to shabby Paris neighborhood...

I know I am whinning but Bow Tie and his Developer Friends are really pissing me off those days (and yes I know it is a Free market, or so they say)

yes...someone metnioned to make sure im not facing the funeral homes...but i have no clue where they are...as ive seen just about every view possible in RP by now...and noticed nothing of impending ghostly travels

and Mat...i hear you. i saw a flat in HoManTin the other day for $8M that looked like a shithole. for that price i could get a fairly nice flat in manhattan (NYC). its amazing the prices they charge here

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    HK will never stop to amaze me.

500.000 euros for around 80 sq meter in HungHom.

For that price I get a really nice flat already in a not to shabby Paris neighborhood...

I know I am whinning but Bow Tie and his Developer Friends are really pissing me off those days (and yes I know it is a Free market, or so they say)
    Don't forget that in France, to get 500K euros, you will first need to make 1M euros as your government will want their share of your wealth. It all evens out, in HK you give your money to the property cartels, and in Europe you give your money to the government...

there is also a benefit in this area, whampoa has some great resturants and it's only 10 mins walk

the funeral homes are where the big sony camera advertising sign is as soon as you get out from the harbour tunnel. the funeral homes also burns a lot of offerings on site.

if you are working in tsuen wan, why dont you consider olympic station.

How much would a taxi to Central be from here? The area sounds fine but I do not like the transporation options...

you can take the ferry from Hung Hom ferry pier (5-10 min walk from Royal Peninsula) directly to central.

not sure how much the taxi ride would be, but the tunnel is close to that area so cant be too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff:
    How much would a taxi to Central be from here? The area sounds fine but I do not like the transporation options...
    around 60/70 bucks (cheaper if you get one of the taxi who goes back to Kowloon at the end of the day - ie he will only charge you one way for the tunnel so 10 bucks less

I could live with 70 bucks.... times 40 is 28,00 HKD a month.. if the area is nice and the apartments decent size it might be worth it. Thanks for the info, I will check it out.