Like Tree3Likes

Royal Peninsula

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BenderBends:
    you can take the ferry from Hung Hom ferry pier (5-10 min walk from Royal Peninsula) directly to central.
    Thanks! Sadly, a 10 min walk each side in summer is not so appealing... I sweat like a pig in this humidity, especially in work clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff:
    I could live with 70 bucks.... times 40 is 28,00 HKD a month.. if the area is nice and the apartments decent size it might be worth it. Thanks for the info, I will check it out.
    if you can take ONE MTR station (that is what I do quite often) then it is much cheaper.

I do Admiralty - TST in MTR and then catch a cab- Around 20 something HKD.

yeah....might be better off taking the mtr, especially after 2015 when they extend the hung hom mtr directly to central. otherwise for now you can take cab to TST, and then shoot down to central.

Picking up this very old thread about Royal Peninsula. Anyone still living there has advise on how things might have changed.

What are you looking to know Krypton? Don't feel like going through the whole thread to find your question...

Quote Originally Posted by Dankleness:
    What are you looking to know Krypton? Don't feel like going through the whole thread to find your question...
    Specifically what is there nearby in terms of provisions and daily shopping. Is there a local market nearby (in addition to a supermarket) where one can buy vegetables and fruits? How long are the bus queues during morning peak hours? Is the free shuttle still available?

Hung Hom wet market is not toooo far, and there is a Park and Shop and Welcome just behind RP and into Whampao a bit (the wet market is further down that road, maybe a 10 minute walk?). There are a couple other smaller fruit stands of sorts around that same area as well. Quite conveinent I would say. Waits for the bus depend on the route but the Cross Harbor stop is about a 10 minute walk or so all under cover - obivously warm in the summer. There are also a couple bus stops right alongside RP - not sure exactly which buses stop there though. I know 115 is one of them... Free shuttle has been discontinued.

shri and krypton like this.

Thanks for the pointed answers. I am pretty much sold on that location, specially since I like a jog in the morning/evening and the waterfront looks like a 10min walk. Anybody selling is welcome to PM me

Quote Originally Posted by krypton:
    Specifically what is there nearby in terms of provisions and daily shopping. Is there a local market nearby (in addition to a supermarket) where one can buy vegetables and fruits? How long are the bus queues during morning peak hours? Is the free shuttle still available?
    they have expanded the park n shop ( was big then, HK standard) now even bigger now in whamphoa.

Ha... I bet people owning there now (my in laws) (I actually live in Whampao right above the BIGGEST Park n Shop ever) will be holding on to their apartments waiting for the MTR stop to open up in the new few years?

Yeah they have ripped out the whole first floor of those buildings where the now expanded Park n Shop is that imparanoic mentioned. Some random shops, restaraunts... but better than what was there... that odd logisitics place or something like that which seems to serve no purpose for the local, general public.

Its a nice spot, pleasant staff, clean. Also very close to Si Sun for a little honkie style burger if you fancy that.

imparanoic likes this.