me and my partner are going to work in HK next year and we are considering places to live
we would like to stay there permanently so we would be looking to purchase a home as opposed to renting (im of the view rent money is dead money - no discussion on pros of renting please!)
- 2 bed room, clean, not too old (<10 years)
- budget is 3.5 million - very strict as we are paying cash
- less than 15 min commute to central incl walking to bus stop / mtr
- air quality is very important - this rules out yau ma tei, tst, mong kok... i cannot stand the air quality there
- parks nearby, cafe's / restaurants
- safe - i lived around wanchai a few months ago - didn't realise there was a red light district a few blocks away! didn't feel safe or comfortable at all
- nice community, would like to live in an area with other young people and from around the world
pokfulam sounds ideal to me but i don't know if itll make it with our tight budget..
im hoping if there are any other areas which may fulfil our criteria... anyone have suggestions which meet the above criteria?