flats in South Horizon for 8k?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

flats in South Horizon for 8k?

Hi,

My friend is moving to Hong Kong soon to join the new company. She has asked me to look for accomodation for her. She was considering South Horizons, since she really liked the area when she was here last. Her budget for rent is max 8k...lesser the better. Any idea if flats are available in that price, furnished ( mainly fridge, washing machine, TV and AC), one bedroom is ok. any pointers? thanks

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

I think for SH she'd be looking at around $10+K. And SH flats are 2-bed minimum I believe.

There might be some flats in her price range at the nearby public housing estates (owners bought them and now rent out).

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    I think for SH she'd be looking at around $10+K. And SH flats are 2-bed minimum I believe.

There might be some flats in her price range at the nearby public housing estates (owners bought them and now rent out).
    Thanks Claire, I went to see flats there yesterday, the price seems to have increased a lot in just 3 months. nothing furnished in less than 12k. Will go and take a look at Ap Lei Chau area, the one near to SH. saw at gohome that flats are available in 7-8k range in Ap Lei Chau.

any other good place anyone would recommend? She will work in Wan Chai.
    How far is Gold Coast from Wan Chai, how to go there from Wan Chai and are there flats in 8k range? no issues with one or two bedrooms, till she gets something in her budget. I saw the Gold Coast website, but they have the price range only for sea view apartments.
    Thanks
    Last edited by mercury_element; 09-12-2009 at 07:42 AM.

I think she will have more choices in Aberdeen. For gold coast, I would myself prefer Tung Chung area. She can rent an apart around 6K with 2 bedrooms. Also Tung Chung got MTR.

Kennedy Town has places in the range of 8K

Quote Originally Posted by grandpiano:
    I think she will have more choices in Aberdeen. For gold coast, I would myself prefer Tung Chung area. She can rent an apart around 6K with 2 bedrooms. Also Tung Chung got MTR.
    Thanks. I have dropped the idea of Gold Coast. Tung Chung she can consider, i need to check with her though. Any particular building you would recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by philipsteel:
    Kennedy Town has places in the range of 8K
    Thanks philipsteel, KT I need to check out, as I have not been there, how much is the commute time to Wan Chai?

If she likes South Horizon, I reckon she will like Carribean Coast. It's got balcony and seaview. And Carribean Coast is the cheapest rent in Tung Chung. Tung Chung Crescent is right next to the MTR station.

Quote Originally Posted by mercury_element:
    KT I need to check out, as I have not been there, how much is the commute time to Wan Chai?
    Approx. 20mins to Sheung Wan MTR station then 3 stops on the MTR to Wan Chai.

From Tung Chung MTR to Central by MTR is around 25 mins

If she likes South Horizon, I reckon she will like Carribean Coast. It's got balcony and seaview. And Carribean Coast is the cheapest rent in Tung Chung. Tung Chung Crescent is right next to the MTR station.
    Oh yes, I have seen that building. I will ask her if I should look for flat there for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Flat Hunter:
    Approx. 20mins to Sheung Wan MTR station then 3 stops on the MTR to Wan Chai.
    Thanks, not that far then.

From Tung Chung MTR to Central by MTR is around 25 mins
    means around 45 min total to each wan chai, sounds ok, since she ok with 45 min travel time. thanks

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast