causeway bay (around victoria park and MRT station)

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Compare to mong kok, Causeway bay would be better as there will be without red light district and apartments there are in better conditions;

Those area not close to shopping malls are not so crowded. You may try those apartments along Paterso street, which is away from malls and with trendy shops on ground floor.

Thumbs up

i live in cwb with views overlooking victoria park. absolutely love it here. it gets crowded but i like being in the centre of everything. tons of restaurants literally a minute away, it takes me 2 mins to walk to the mtr every morning, and it's refreshing being able to jog in victoria park in the mornings and smell grass!

i used to live in mid-levels and couldn't wait to get out of there. it's polluted with car fumes, there's no greenery, and fighting with 100 others for a cab/minibus/double decker bus every morning was a crap way to start the day. glad i got out!

if you like uber convenience and central city living (nyc comparisons: midtown manhattan, union square) then cwb is great.

also, the difference between cwb and mong kok is that cwb is more trendy and higher end and it has victoria park. victoria park is the closest thing to central park (nyc) that we have on hk island.

Last edited by lionrock88; 04-01-2010 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lionrock88:
    also, the difference between cwb and mong kok is that cwb is more trendy and higher end and it has victoria park. victoria park is the closest thing to central park (nyc) that we have on hk island.
    Awesome info here lionrock! funny you mention central park. I used to live across the street from central park south on 59th street thats why i guess i'm so attracted to victoria park. i like the fact that the convenience and business is just a few minutes away...then you can go back to victoria park area and get away from it all

thanks everyone else! yes..i been to HK but not to victoria park area

.then you can go back to victoria park area and get away from it all
    Stop it now Rob, I'm trying to eat breakfast.

if you will be comparing central park (nyc) and victoria park (hk) you will be VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY disappointed.

Since Victoria park is sizable you are getting different ideas how crowded it is

be warned Sugar st adjacent then park seems average level of crowded on weekdays about the same as Mongkok but i can assure you sundays and public holidays it reaches insane level of crowded due to the amahs day off

i lived there 1992 in Lok Sing buliding when it was tolerable (i am actually quite comfortable with crowded city areas)and almost got sucked into going back in 2007 -fortunately took a look around on a sunday and it was mental-lok sing building is a hole now btw imo-used to be nice there

i chose a bit west in causeway bay its just non stop normal crowded like mongkok there

Quote Originally Posted by RobUSA:
    Awesome info here lionrock! funny you mention central park. I used to live across the street from central park south on 59th street thats why i guess i'm so attracted to victoria park. i like the fact that the convenience and business is just a few minutes away...then you can go back to victoria park area and get away from it all
    CWB might be fun and interesting for about 3 months, and after that ? You'll be living in the 4th most populated place on Earth.. Wont that be fun .

Factor in also, that crowds here love bumping into you, cutting you off, stopping dead in ther tracks in front of you, or the fact that there is no public space courtesy existent here.

Maybe Google " Causeway Bay Crowds " Rob

causeway bay crowd – Flickr: 搜尋

HK is nothing like NYC, although one of my American friends said Hong Kong Island ( north side ) is like one big Harlem to look at, minus the crime, surreal in that it looks like a slum, but doesn't have the society that is typically associated with such a run down looking street scape..
    Last edited by Skyhook; 05-01-2010 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lionrock88:
    Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    if you will be comparing central park (nyc) and victoria park (hk) you will be VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY disappointed.
    yes, to be clear, i have to emphasise "closest thing.."

victoria park is certainly no central park. central park is simply gorgeous and out of this world. victoria park is much smaller, more crowded and mainly filled with concrete. but still, it's the closest thing we have