Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By clfoster

Moving company recommendations

Moving company recommendations

I scored myself a nice flat, gonna move at the end of next week. Any recommendations for a reliable, safe and reasonable moving company?

I found so many online and I have no idea which one to go for. I'm just going to be moving by myself, a young lady against a bunch of sweaty labour men going in and out of my house. I've heard stories where the movers raised their prices after they've packed all of your things into their truck, or asked for unreasonable tips.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

If you got your flat through an estate agent ask them if they have any recommendations.

I've heard good things from other people about Trade Winds. I'm moving soon too and am probably going to use them...will let you know how they are, altho might be too late for you by then...

Was it you who was looking for a nice bathroom?? Hope you found it!

Quote Originally Posted by ArKay
    I've heard good things from other people about Trade Winds. I'm moving soon too and am probably going to use them...will let you know how they are, altho might be too late for you by then...

Was it you who was looking for a nice bathroom?? Hope you found it!
    LOL!! Yes it was!!! My new bathroom is beautiful!! But the flat itself is super small. Oh well! I'll sleep in the beautiful bathroom!

Good plan.

Goodcare is REALLY good. They move for us all the time. They are polite, they speak good English and they do everything according to international standard (which means good packing and unpacking). They sometimes put pictures up for you but not necessarily. Most of the time, there's a lady taking care of all personal and kitchen stuff. The original crew consists of mostly retired soldiers in pre-1997 Hong Kong. Try them and see.

Laksa Girl likes this.