1. #1

    Join Date
    Jan 2010


    Dear Geoexpat community,

    I am moving for a year (with breaks) to Hong Kong. I have never been there so I do not know my way around. I will be working at the Hong Kong University for Science and Technology. Naturally I had a look at accommodation options and a serviced apartment seems the logical choice at least for a start. I would like to ask if someone can indicate to me where the best neighborhood is for me to stay in if I travel everyday to HKUST which is supposedly near Hang Hau. Does it make sense to live on the Island or rather Kowloon? maybe someone knows how long it would take to get there from the Island by public transport.

    In addition, i would be very grateful for any accommodation tips!

    Thanks a lot,

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    People who work at HKUST, usually stay at the University or in the village houses close by. It is a bus ride from Hang Hau MTR.

    If you need service apts, North Point may be a good start (not sure if there are any). Causeway Bay definitely has service apartments and is not too far from North Point.

    Can't help much with Kowloon, I am afraid. Good Luck