Service apartment ...

Service apartment ...

Hi, I will be travelling to HK from Dec 28 to Jan 24. I'm looking for a service apartment (studio or 1 room)in either Kowloon or HK for under 12K..
    I've called some places, but they said one month is a too short period of time, and they need me to give in deposit before i arrive... which is kind of impossible, since i'm not even in HK now...
    anyone had stay in a service apartment for only one month? can you please tell me the information of the place and how you deal with the security deposit?? THX ALOT, this is my first time travelling... so don't really know what to do....THX!

service apartments here are a pain, stay away from private outfits like cozy, they're pretty bad from what i know. you need to talk to more serious properties, but of course that'll leave little change from you budget. they should be able to take a credit card deposit long distance, but may not be thus inclined since they do prefer to find people locally. just email around, they'll tell you.

anyone tried the w studio before ? good ?

am also looking for a place to stay for a few months before i find a more 'permanent' regular apartment.

anyone recommend something decent 12~15k p/m service appts ?

Im staying here http://www.icehouse.com.hk/
    No deposit required, any term is ok.
    The rooms are adequate, no problems encountered except that it can be noisy on Saturday nights as you are quite close to some nightclubs but other than that - its fine.

you could try ice house apts in central, they should be OK but spensive: 15-20K i believe.