How's Ma On Shan for living?

Closed Thread

How's Ma On Shan for living?

Please advise in terms of surroundings, convenience, safety and cost? I don't want to live in industrial districts. Prefer seeing greenery and having fresh air!

Much appreciated!

Last edited by serendipity99; 24-02-2010 at 10:35 PM.

"surroundings, convenience, safety and cost"

ma on shan is NOT anything remotely "industrial".
    1) surroundings: closer to the town centre there are high rises. a little further out, you can find mid-rises (11-ish floors). further out still, on sai sha road, you'll find village houses.

2) convenience: there are MTR stations and quite a few buses. the MTR ride to central takes a while, but from what i hear it's not overly crowded. there is a decent supermarket in sunshine city shopping centre along with most things you might need.

3) safety: i would classify 99% of hk "safe". i have only ever felt unsafe here once and that was about 14.5 yrs ago in chungking mansions.

4) cost: cheaper than living in the midst of the "city".

Ma On Shan is very new and hence if you like the slightly fancier high rises it may be a good choice. However, the new town proper has one bar for 200000 people and 90% of the restaurants are inside some mall and close comparably early. In terms of living, I'd rather look at Tai Wai (which has sort of the reverse ratio). Just as close to the green and a significantly shorter commute too.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by er2; 24-02-2010 at 11:25 PM.

Thank you guys!