Washing Machine

Closed Thread

Washing Machine

Hi I have a whirlpool AWG 3200/1 which came with the flat... ie. when you buy some new appartments they give you a washer dryer.. But just today the motor seems to have burnt out. The drum does not spin and there doesn't seem to have any noises made to suggest that the belt is too loose..

Since the washer dryer was given, I assume it's base value is very low, and I've been told no.1 Whirlpool is the worst washing machine brand, 2. to replace the motor I'm looking at over 1k+...

If this is the case do you think I should buy a more reliable washer dryer from a better brand? How much would it cost? Looking about around 4k is best...

This washing machine hasn't lasted long at all, considering it's only occasionally used for 2 years with the flat only having one person living in it at any one time.

I'm having a Whirlpool technician to come in and confirm the problem...

Please give me some feedback, thanks!

we have been looking at washing machines in the past few days as well!!! my dad loves panasonic and believes it is a reliable brand

visit the panasonic hk website and compare the $ there with places like Pricerite and Sogo

ps but we never use washer / dryer as they break down easily plus we prefer drying clothes outdoor!

If the washer/dryer was on the inventory that you signed for with the lease on your apartment then the landlord is required to keep it in working order.

If not then it's your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    If the washer/dryer was on the inventory that you signed for with the lease on your apartment then the landlord is required to keep it in working order.

If not then it's your problem.
    Thanks I realise this too, the problem is the landlord is my mother... So...

Thanks I will have a look at panasonic too..

Twitceh:

Do you plan to buy a top load or front load machine? While I am NOT an expert on washing machines, I did some research after our washer broke down last time and flooded the whole house. According to the experts, although the front loads are a little more expensive, they are worth the money because (again re the expert) they will never flood your house. Why? Unfortunately, they never went into the reason. Plus, for the same size machine, the front loads give you bigger capacity.