Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By penguinsix

3br recommendation (w/ 2yr old kid)

Closed Thread

3br recommendation (w/ 2yr old kid)

Say Hi to all!

I am moving to HK by the end of March. I need to look for a 3br apartment for our family. Currently my husband lives in HK already at Merton in KT, but the 2br place is too small.

Both my husband and I work in Central. I am looking for a place:

1. 3 br around 1,000 sq, as grand parents visit occasionally
    2. easy to commute to Central - KT is pretty close but X5 doesn't come often, HK island apts only
    3. newer buildings
    4. (optional) children's playroom and gym

My budget is not much, capped at HKD $30K. Do you have any recommendations? Thanks much indeed!

I know it is "country" but have a look at the smaller villages, We live in NT but there are buses and the MTR. Travel here is quite easy even with small children. You might have to travel more to get the space you want.

Quote Originally Posted by 30secmrb:
    I know it is "country" but have a look at the smaller villages, We live in NT but there are buses and the MTR. Travel here is quite easy even with small children. You might have to travel more to get the space you want.
    Thanks!!! NT is not an option due to the working nature.

We just went through a similar search. We ended up at the Valverde but at about 50% more than your budget.

I did see quite a few places a bit cheaper and with fewer amenities in the Soho / Sheung Wan area. Not sure if that is somewhere you would consider.

Have you looked at the Manhattan Heights? Next door to the Merton but the rooms are slightly bigger. Shuttle to Central. You might also look in Pok Fu Lam as there were a few places there which were a bit cheaper.

3br for 30k was a bit hard in our search through Midlevels.

helenxi likes this.

I recommend Grand Promenade in Sai Wan Ho and Pacific Palisades in the mid levels of North Point.

Victoria Garden or University Heights in Pokfulam might be worth taking a look at. They aren't the newest, but quite a few units have been refurbished nicely. Good mix of expat (from all over) and local residents. Transport to Central is pretty good. And, lots of families with young children.

Grand Promenade in Sai Wan, as mentioned above, is also quite nice.

La Place De Victoria in North Point is quite new and has 3 bedroom units that may meet your criteria.

Monmouth Place on Kennedy Road (mid-levels east) also has 3 bedrooms in your budget and size specifications.

Might be worth asking estate agents who cover these respective areas to see any places in these, or similar, buildings.

To get a general idea of what is around Hong Kong Property and Apartment, for Rent and for Sale - Hong Kong Realty is a pretty good/ searchable website. Prices may be a little higher that some more local agents, its somewhat aimed at the expat market, but it is a good starting point to look at what is available in various areas. If you look at the 'building information' tab on properties it will often give you the age of the development.

Last edited by hello_there; 06-03-2010 at 12:58 AM.

[QUOTE=penguinsix;562249]We just went through a similar search. We ended up at the Valverde but at about 50% more than your budget.

Thanks much! 50% is a lot of money! I appreciate your inputs.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewSaiKung:
    I recommend Grand Promenade in Sai Wan Ho and Pacific Palisades in the mid levels of North Point.
    Thanks much! I think I saw Grand Promenade on a boat trip before. Is it close to MTR? It looks like a 10 minute walk from google map.

Quote Originally Posted by hello_there:
    Victoria Garden or University Heights in Pokfulam might be worth taking a look at. They aren't the newest, but quite a few units have been refurbished nicely. Good mix of expat (from all over) and local residents. Transport to Central is pretty good. And, lots of families with young children.
    Many thanks on your reply! That's a lot of useful information. I will make sure to check them out. I don't mind living with locals although I don't speak Cantonese

You're welcome. From the map Grand Promenade is about 400m from one of the exits of Sai Wan Ho station. Besides MTR, there is a frequent bus service (no. 720) with Grand Promenade and Hong Kong-Macau Ferry Pier as terminals. From wikipedia it reads the whole journey takes 40mins so maybe it takes about 30mins to arrive at Central near HSBC.