Central Park in Olympic City

Closed Thread

Red face Central Park in Olympic City

Hi all, we are family of 3 from singapore moving to HK with a 3 year old with inexhaustiable energy. We have seen numerous places with agents... but so far, we are closing down at Central Park at Olympian city. Convenient with MTR, good amenities (shopping, grocery)...etc...Price range from 18-25k per month. like to hear views of everyone. My husband works in Central and MTR works fine for him. i was initially concern of school bus to Singapore international school but fortunately, they do have school bus picking up children at Park Avenue (next to central park).... any singaporean families living in olympic ? i like to hear your comments about living here. we are thinking about this place as oppose to Merton at Kennedy town and Belcher (costly)...etc...

Welcome to HK

Hi, my name is CK and I am too from Singapore. Moved here with my wife and baby (turning 1yr old next month) last September. I stay at Park Avenue Tower 8. Olympian City is a nice place. Full facilities and family friendly. I also work in Central. And if you are not a slow walker, you can leave house at 830am and still reach HSBC Building before 9am. Central Park is the same estate as Park Avenue. It is called differently because it was launched earlier than Park Avenue. Do stay here and our families can meet up!

Merton should be nice (new and cheap given the oversupply) with seaview etc. But no MTR. Very inconvenient especially. Also Kennedy town is a rather old town. Another point to note is that because that place is near the harbour/port, you do not need an alarm clock even on weekends (know what I mean?)!

Thanks for your kind comments CK. Much appreicated. Certainly glad to catch up with your family and do some singaporean lunch...etc... will update all when we finally pin down apartments... negotiating with agents currently... owners asking for 24k for 3 bedroom. 1024. we are trying to push down to 22k. do you think price is reasonable... any chance of knowing price you pay and size at block 8... just trying to make sure we are not ripped off by agents with their convincing speech.

Mine is a 2 bedroom apartment @ 618sqft only

If you are keen, take a trip to Olympian City and just walk into the various agencies and ask for apartment availabilty and quotes. They should all be about the same range. A thing which I learnt is that the owner could advertise the same unit with various agencies. You can also check out www.gohome.com.hk and look up adverts placed by agents to see the 'prices'. Pls note that once you ask the agent (say from Midland) to show you the flat, you will have to sign an agreement which states that you will not take up a lease in the same flat from another agency. So choose your preferred agency properly. As well, you will have to pay the agency 50% of a month's rent as commission (the owner pay another 50%). Check with your husband if his company has designated agencies/move consultants. I went through my company's "preferred agency" and paid less than 50% commission due to company's arrangement. Do note also that even if the agents here can "co-op", that is, even if the 'preferred agency' (in my case) does not have the stock of flats, they could go to the local agencies and arrange amongst themselves. At the end of the day, I only paid the commission rate arranged between my employer and the 'preferred agency'. Doing so also save the hassle of running to so many agencies... Give me a call at 22038128 (office) if you have further queries. Hope we could become neighbors and my baby will have another playmate! Btw, have you checked out the facilities at Park Avenue? Amazing - huge outdoor and indoor pools, separate playrooms for toddlers and children (impressed?) etc...

Thank you very much for your advice. We are very keen on the Central Park apartments and will be offering quite soon as we leave this Sunday. We will be back after Chinese New Year and will be in touch. I checked out the club house etc... my 3 year old daughter loves ballet and it seems they run ballet classes too... I also called up one kindergarten nearby and so will probably check those out when we return after Chinese New Year? Maybe by then I can catch up with your wife and we can do kid's stuff together!!