Working in ICC, living in....?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Working in ICC, living in....?

Happy Sunday all.

My company is moving to ICC later this year and I am looking for cunning ideas on places to live. My situation is married, no kids, budget up to 60-70k per month (not that we would spend that much but would rather cast a wide net to being with!) and I work long hours so commute time is paramount.

Thanks Geo Expat forum!

Is ICC the big tall tower above the MTR? With such a large budget, might as well rent an apartment on ICC itself, you will have one of the shortest commute times in HK.

Yes, it's the one over Kowloon station. What about if we wanted somewhere that wasn't so 'expat'? Part of me thinks it would be nice to live somewhere a bit
    more like where I am at the moment (fortress hill)
    Posted via Mobile Device

Sorrento, The Waterfront, The Harbourside, The Arch, The Cullinan. All within minutes of ICC on foot.

I also work in ICC but living around the build there is not much in walking distance to there but if you want to live there you can also try W Hotel. I think they have serviced apartments for around that budget and it's next to the ICC building.

I would imagine that living and working in the same building would be very depressing so I will mention kowloon tong. could get a real nice place for your budget.

Quote Originally Posted by matt264
    Happy Sunday all.

My company is moving to ICC later this year and I am looking for cunning ideas on places to live. My situation is married, no kids, budget up to 60-70k per month (not that we would spend that much but would rather cast a wide net to being with!) and I work long hours so commute time is paramount.

Thanks Geo Expat forum!
    I'm exploring Goldcoast which is, by all accounts, reasonably commutable to ICC. You can get a very nice place for that budget - see this older thread on the subject http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/thread4067-2.html

Thanks all for the suggestions so far - will do some investigating!

if you want to save money, try Olympic, and go for those over 1000 sq ft. That'll be between 20-30k.. and you'll save alot of money. I know for 60k a month you can get a 2700 sq ft flat in Jordan Cox Road... Just depends how you want to live I guess.

You can take a quick look at The Harbourview Place, The Arch or The Cullinan at Kowloon Station, all are within walking distance.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast