Like Tree10Likes

Looking for housing - which areas?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

That doesn't seem unreasonable but not familar with the rentals in that area. But you sure it's a house?

how many floors do u have to walk up, how big is the place in Sq/ft.

Unfurnished except kitchen appliances and aircons is pretty normal, so don't make that a deal-breaker. You may well also have to supply curtains.

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    how many floors do u have to walk up, how big is the place in Sq/ft.
    I have to walk up 4 floors(which i think is healthy). Not sure about size but it was possibly in the 400-500 sq feet range.

I think for the size and facilities you are getting, the rate is quite nice. Do also consider you can walk to your office. That is a big advantage. Wan Chai can be nice for a single man too.

I live with a small family and my utilities and bills round off about 1k every month. This includes mobile phones for 2, gas, electricity, water (which comes once every few months), Cable TV & Internet.

I do not think your landlord would furnish the house for you. However that should not be a dealbreaker since you can get stuff for cheap. Just hop into any Priceright/ IKEA for furniture and furnishings. You could get some kitchen utensils and other items at IKEA and Japan Home Store. Appliances can be bought for cheap at Japan Home Store. Or you could monitor the Geoexpat/ Asiaexpat/ Craigslist forums in classifieds section. There are expats constantly leaving HK and selling practically brand new stuff at very cheap rates... just in case you have no issues with used stuff.

Nikhil

Aashu likes this.

Thanks so much

Thanks so much for all the help guys...I've shifted into a unit in Causeway bay.
    Aashu

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3