student life in HK, where to live? Lamma Island?

student life in HK, where to live? Lamma Island?

Hello,
    I will be living in HK for 4 months starting september.
    I was wondering whether i should apply for the university residence (city U) or should i look for a flat/ shared flat whatever (for some 6000 hk$)

and if i look for a flat what's the best place for an expat student to enjoy her stay in hk, knowing that i am quite the party girl...

Is lamma island a good option? i've been told that the life over there is quite fun and that many expats live there. But lamma I - city U = 1hr ??

thx a lot for your comments/replies

Patricia

The commute from Lamma to City U is well over an hour I would say, plus you have no late night ferry service. And I don't think there are any student age expats there.

So no, bad idea.

Student residence is a good idea. Otherwise you might be a bit isolated from fellow exchange students.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    The commute from Lamma to City U is well over an hour I would say, plus you have no late night ferry service. And I don't think there are any student age expats there.
    Yes, but you'll have a great time

ahahah thx so let's say, no to lamma island for living but yes for the weekend? ahahha...

have anyone heard about city U ? are there many expat? i don't mind meeting chinese at all i just don't speak chinese.... so might be easier with an expat

There are lots of non-Chinese students at City U. Ideally, you want to be near school and near the MTR.