First Mansion vs Merry Court

Closed Thread

First Mansion vs Merry Court

I wonder if I could get a little advise on this choice. My husband and I moved to Hong Kong a week ago and have been vigorously apartment hunting. At the moment we are stuck on a choice between two apartments in the Mid-levels.

A) FIRST MANSION (102/108 Robinson Road)
    Very bright
    1100 sqft with 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom
    Lovely Kitchen (with oven)
    Large balcony - big enough to have a BBQ

OR

B) MERRY COURT (10 Castle Road)
    Little dark
    1176 sqft with 3 bedroom and 2 bathrooms
    Lovely Kitchen (no oven)
    No outdoor space

Personally I am leaning towards First Mansion which ticks every box except that it doesn't have the most convenient location. I guess the upside of that area is that it is away from most of the noise, but of course that also means that you are away from the conveniences of shops and restaurants. We looked at a bunch of other apartments with roof tops and terraces in a number of different areas, but in every instance it meant a serious compromise on the quality and size of the apartment. This was the only apartment with outdoor space that still offered a great living space.
    Merry Court is also a great apartment and it is very spacious and has just been renovated. It is in a much more convenient location, but it does not have the outdoor area. It also has no oven, which I'm not 100% certain I could live without.
    Could anyone offer any input on this choice? Anyone live at the far end of Robinson that could shed light on what it's like to live there?

Thanks

What at the prices for each? Are they the same?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Price is basically the same for both

Assuming you don't need the three rooms. I'd go for the one with the balcony. Being able to BBQ is a rare treat for a lot of expats. Do check with the building if there are any restrictions that might prevent you from having a grill in the balcony.

Quote: "also has no oven, which I'm not 100% certain I could live without. "
    why not ask the Landlord to get you the oven?
    The cost of Gas oven will be about HK$6000-7000.

Thank you all for your comments so far.
    Oldtimer, they have just renovated the kitchen completely and there is no space for a gas oven.
    Shri, I have checked with the agent and it seems that there is no problem with BBQ's on the balcony.