Like Tree3Likes

Clearwater Bay

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Clearwater Bay

Is it fairly easy to get to Central wirhout a car?

Any pluses or minuses living there?

Clear Water, sorry..

Last edited by Makkun70; 16-04-2010 at 11:03 AM.

It's not bad. If you're on Clearwater Bay Road there are regular mini-buses that run to TKO station and from there it is about 30 mins into Central by MTR. There are big bus routes as well.

Positives: Quiet, natural, spacious
    Negatives: A little removed

I recommend it for families. But if you wanna be part of the hustle and bustle, then it might not be suitable.

actually, the buses run to hang hau, not TKO station

CWB is a completely residential area. there is nothing except housing complexes. if you prefer a little more "life" sai kung is a better location, but it is a little more removed from the MTR station is sai kung.

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    actually, the buses run to hang hau, not TKO station
    TD would beg to differ:

Transport Department - New Territories GMB Route No. 103M

But I'd be keen to hear about the buses that run from CWB to Hang Hau. I lived there for a while and couldn't find any.

sorry, i mistyped and it should have read minibuses...if i'm wrong, my apologies.

i lived there, too... but it was YEARS ago... like over a decade before the MTR was even there... now that i think about it, i used to get on the minibus to choi hung, then switch at the round-about to the hang hau bus (although, back then the entire area was just known as either Junk Bay or TKO...)

Last edited by carang; 16-04-2010 at 02:38 PM.

Green Mini Buses
    103M goes to TKO MTR (Not so good if trying to go to Hang Hau MTR)
    103 goes to Kwun Tong Ferry Pier (Goes Past Hang Hau MTR station, After that it goes past Kwun Tong MTR station once through TKO Tunnel)
    16 goes to Po Lam (Goes into Hang Hau before going to Po Lam)

103M and 103 is the most frequent mini buses.

Nearest MTR Hang Hau which you can take to North Point and then change over to the central line, should take you 1/2 most.

If you dont like the MTR like me and dont mind the slow commute on a bus then you can take the 692, takes 70 mins to get to central .

Citybus & NWFB - Members of Chow Tai Fook Enterprises and NWS Holdings - Route Search Result

great village houses in Clear Water Bay, price range from 6K - over 100K depending on your budget.

Nice expat orientated Park N Rob shop in silverstrand plaza, has also go laundry services, agents, pet grooming shop.

easy access to lots of villages, Po Toi O village has great seafood at night.

If you need to get into the city, Hang Hau is the closest, has lots of stuff even a burger king (Woo Hoo).

Last edited by wtbhotia; 16-04-2010 at 11:20 PM.

I love Clearwater Bay. I usually just green cab it from Silverstrand to Hang Hau, or if the weather's cool, I walk. I always cab it from HH to Silverstrand though.

thats because its uphill!!

consider razor hill - altho has a month of mist every year - ( now!) thats bacause its the top of a hill! it does have a soupermarket up there too!

so maybe look a little closer to Choi Hung if you need to hit central often

from silverstrand to central on motorbike is about 25-30 mins..

What about going from CWB to TaiPo?

For all your Public Transport enquiries: http://ptes.td.gov.hk/en/index.asp

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast