Shopping for things for our new apartment - advice please.

Smile Shopping for things for our new apartment - advice please.

We have just found an apartment. Wondering where the best place is to buy appliances i.e. a new fridge.

Also, any recommendations please for places to find good furniture i.e. a bed base (king size - apparently it's hard to find a KS in HK), mattress/spare foldaway bed, coffee tables. We know about Ikea of course.

What about things like curtains, blinds and rugs, shower curtains.

Thank you!!!!

I am always recommending Pricerite but I don't think you can beat it for reasonably priced furniture, free delivery and installation. They also have alot of small appliances and household stuff. There is a good one in Wan Chai and another almost opposite Ikea in Causeway Bay. Also Wing On in Sheung Wan have good things, kitchen and laundry stuff downstairs and beds and linen upstairs. In Windsor House opposite Ikea on the 15th floor there is a place called Design Direct and they do fridges etc in addition to cheap furniture. For storage solutions and lots of other useful stuff go to the Japan Home stores all over town and other similar stores usually in the same street. Lastly Queens Road in Wan Chai has heaps of furniture stores and many will custom make.

Last edited by larac; 03-02-2006 at 10:06 PM.

If you are willing to invest time and wait a bit it is worth getting some of the reproduction Chinese furniture. PM me if you want details of a place we have used.

For curtains etc....just shop around and look at some work they have done to make sure you are happy. The price range is wide.

You can't beat IKEA for a lot of everday things like beds, mattreses, utensils etct etc.

Ofcourse there is always Wing On department store (Yau Ma Tei and Sheung Wan) and the Japanese department stores Sogo (Causeway Bay and Tsim Sha Tsui), Jusco (Kornhill, Hang Hau to name two) and UNY (Tai Koo Shing).

Indigo is having a big sale - there is a store in Horizon Plaza and one in the Princes Building on the same floor as Olivers