Some questions about bel air

Closed Thread

Some questions about bel air

Dear all,

We are moving from Singapore with one boy of nearly 3 and one coming infant.
    We are seriously considering moving to Bel-Air cause we like the community there. But I still have some questions:

1, I saw the supermarket in CyberPort, which seems very expensive. is there any other market nearby? where to find the nearest wet market by bus?

2, I heard almost all units of phase 1&2 are facing west, so is it very hot in summer afternoon? Some units of phase 4 are facing south or east. Does anyone has thoughts about Bel-Air phase 4 vs. phase 1&2?

3, we speak mandarin to our kids and want to look for some playmates for them. Is it easy to find some mandarin speaking friends there?

4, Our budget only can let us rent 2 bedrooms in bel air. So we don't have enough room for helper.Is it easy to find live out or part-time helper there?

Thanks!

[QUOTE=lisabear;602933]Dear all,

1, I saw the supermarket in CyberPort, which seems very expensive. is there any other market nearby? where to find the nearest wet market by bus?

*****Wah Fu Estate, the equivalent of Singapore's HDBs, is only 2-3 mins away from Bel-Air. I'd imagine that there should be a wet market that services the community. Other than that, Aberdeen is really close by (about 5mins drive), and there is a big wet market where you can get the freshest produce. There are buses in Cyberport that goes to both places.

2, I heard almost all units of phase 1&2 are facing west, so is it very hot in summer afternoon? Some units of phase 4 are facing south or east. Does anyone has thoughts about Bel-Air phase 4 vs. phase 1&2?

+++++ Some of the units in Phase 4 look out to Wah Fu estate (i.e. ones that are away from the afternoon sun). Some people like the view (esp. the night lights), some don't. You really need to take a look yourself to decide. In terms of club facilites, they are pretty similar to the other Phases.

3, we speak mandarin to our kids and want to look for some playmates for them. Is it easy to find some mandarin speaking friends there?

++++ Bel Air has quite an international community. You should be able to meet many mandarin speaking people easily.

4, Our budget only can let us rent 2 bedrooms in bel air. So we don't have enough room for helper.Is it easy to find live out or part-time helper there?

++++ It should be quite easy to find part-time help in HK. Just check out the supermarket's notice board, or at the club house. As for live-out helper, you will be expected to pay for transport and accommodation on top of the regular wage.

Thanks a lot!

>> I'd imagine that there should be a wet market that services the community.

Yes, there is a wet market in Wah Fu and the Chinese supermarket there is cheaper than Welcome / Park N Shop.

The variety is better in Aberdeen.

the air is better if on the peak w/ plenty mandarin)

Last edited by dennis1188; 20-02-2012 at 10:36 AM.