Apartments in Shatin

Closed Thread

Apartments in Shatin

Can anyone advise on the cost of renting a good expat style apartment in Shatin?

Apptt in Shatin

Hi,

One of my friend has moved to Shatin, HK from india. He is looking for a shared (or non) apptt in Shatin. Can someone give me some info about it. how much would it cost him? also how much does the real estate agents charge.

Not sure what you mean by expat style apartments in Sha Tin! Your choices would probably be a 700 sq ft village house (equivalent to a good sized 1000sq ft apartment) which will cost about $8000 upwards per month unless you go for an older one and is also dependant on area.

Apartment wise, I would assume you are looking at 1000sq ft plus which would cost you $15000 + per month, again dependant on area. You could always go for a duplex style house which will go from abou $30000 a month.

Estate agent fee's are normally 50% of the monthly rental cost.

Apt in Shatin

Hi,

Need suggestions where to look in Shatin for Apt. Budget is $10000 a month or under. 800 sq ft min. Have been searching on Gohome.com and looking at Belair Garden etc. Any other suggestions as to what other Apt complex should I look at?

This is straight out of the Property Browser magazine. Shatin New Plaza selection (the main shopping mall): 395ft - 4k / 562ft - 6.8k / 622ft - 7.8k / 870ft - 9.9k / 1018ft - 11k. Prices are consistent across several agents. Other apt blocks are slightly cheaper. More western styled houses in Shatin suburbs are way over 10k as already mentioned. Otherwise, there's village houses, also mentioned but they're all so uniformly dull and clinically tiled all over. Best to stick with apts in central Shatin.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Newbie100:
    This is straight out of the Property Browser magazine. Shatin New Plaza selection (the main shopping mall): 395ft - 4k / 562ft - 6.8k / 622ft - 7.8k / 870ft - 9.9k / 1018ft - 11k. Prices are consistent across several agents. Other apt blocks are slightly cheaper. More western styled houses in Shatin suburbs are way over 10k as already mentioned. Otherwise, there's village houses, also mentioned but they're all so uniformly dull and clinically tiled all over. Best to stick with apts in central Shatin.
    New Town Plaza apartments are quite dark inside, and despite their size they are not actually that nice.

Belair Gardens is an older building, again quite dark but the views, especially riverside, are nice.

Don't knock village houses!! The stated size is just that and they living space is much more practical that apartments. You usually have a balcony and the ability to have bbq's, etc. A big proportion of the expats in Sha Tin are in village houses because it's the closest you can get to being home. But, pick your village carefully. The choice of houses is amazing, from 100 year old boxes through to brand new apartments with full span windows and patio doors.

400 sqf in shatin city one

I have something available in shatin city one if anyone is interested.
    I will put up an ad tomorrow on the classifieds.
    Its 400 sqf and newly ren. Its not furnished but it has some basic furniture and kitchen apparel. It was newly renovated around 2 months ago
    New wooden floors, doors, bathroom etc.

It is near mcdonalds, park n shop, cafe de coral, schools, two shopping centers, OK, 7 11 etc etc. The kcr is 4 mins away by foot and same goes for buslines to central, kowloon etc.

Shatin City One is located on the other side of the river from Shatin center, near the more expensive ravana gardens and others.

I rented it myself but need to find a new tenant since I am moving. Its available NOW.

Price is 4800 neg. down from 5100.

[email protected]

Check out Royal Ascot near Fotan station ( 8 mins walk). Nice surrounding and club house. 700-8500sq cost you around 12-14k.

Ms Marisela Hung

Hello.. I know it's a pretty old post but do you still have it or something else in the area for two female student (IVE), will be garteful for any notice, Thanks.

From a worried Mom...

Quote Originally Posted by rune:
    I have something available in shatin city one if anyone is interested.
    I will put up an ad tomorrow on the classifieds.
    Its 400 sqf and newly ren. Its not furnished but it has some basic furniture and kitchen apparel. It was newly renovated around 2 months ago
    New wooden floors, doors, bathroom etc.

It is near mcdonalds, park n shop, cafe de coral, schools, two shopping centers, OK, 7 11 etc etc. The kcr is 4 mins away by foot and same goes for buslines to central, kowloon etc.

Shatin City One is located on the other side of the river from Shatin center, near the more expensive ravana gardens and others.

I rented it myself but need to find a new tenant since I am moving. Its available NOW.

Price is 4800 neg. down from 5100.

[email protected]