where should we live?

Closed Thread

where should we live?

We have been looking at about 26 apartment in the last 2 weeks, and we can still not make up our minds, our main question is: which area is best? We looked around central-mid levels and we quite like it, but then we saw an apartment just 10 minutes from Wan Chai on Kennedy Rd. that we liked, but some one told us it is not such a nice area. Is it true? Any thoughts, suggestions from your personal experience?

The thing is all areas have there good and bad its a question of whats best for you and your circumstances.

Where will you be working?
    What size property do you need?
    Whats your budget?

etc etc, also do you specifically need to be by central/mid levels?

Kennedy road is fine ... just tell people "Eastern Midlevels" and not "Wanchai" and you'll hear a different reaction.

Another vote for Kennedy Rd from someone who lives there - no regrets after 5 months

Thanks for your replies
    Of course it does not have to be Midlevels, right now we live in TST and I do not dislike it, just seams a bit touristy though. My husband will have a car soon, but I am on foot, so it is important to me to be close to convenience stores etc.

You can get to Hopewell Center fairly easily from Kennedy Road -- lots of shopping options there, including a large supermarket. You're also within a short distance from lots of other market areas in Wanchai.