Like Tree2Likes

Island Resort Apt, Chai Wan

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

yes, it's a great choice!
    i live there and i love it~
    the only problem is the transportation.. it's not AS convenient but there are many buses available at the lobby and a small bus(i forgot what it's called) to hung fa chuen. From there you can go to the MTR

the 2 pools there are really nice! the entertainment building is filled with air conditioning so you can go there just to relax too!

There's also a mall there so you can buy your groceries and there's restaurants 'n' shops too.

Or you can just live in Heng Fa Chuen and jump on the MTR. I have a flat with a balcony (and all windows) overlooking the sea, no one looks in. Mostly pedestrianised. Quiet mostly. Plenty of restaurants and shops (incl ParknShop superstore).

ahC

Island resort apartments

thanks for such detailed description
    how much is it now and do you have a website on this apartment?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maddogmerrick
    I have lived in Island Resort for two years.

As a place to live it is great. It is clean, well decorated, has excellent security, great facilities and fantastic sea views.

The club house has two swimming pools, one outdoor and one indoor. Poorly designed though. The outdoor swimming pool is too shallow for a proper swim and the indoor pool is circular. They have mountain climbing machines, snooker tables, badminton courts, tennis courts,table tennis, room with guitars, drums and keyboards, mahjong rooms and pretty much everything. You will need to book in advance for the facilities if you want to use them on the weekend.

There is not much to do or see outside the surrounding area of Island Resort but if you enjoy walking there are some great trails which will take you all the way to Sheko beach.

Island Resort has a shopping mall which has a fairly large supermarket, restaurants, KFC, McDonalds and other shops which should provide you with almost all your day to day necessities.

There is no ferry service to Wan Chai. Island Resort is the main bus terminal where busses start or end their journey which means you will always get a seat on the bus. Bus ride to work in Central in the morning on 788 takes 45 minute (I leave Island Resort at 8:20 am). On the way back in the evening after work it will take approx 30 mins. Weekend and other times it only takes 20 mins. Bus fare is only HK$6.20 and a taxi is just under HK$100

If you have a sea view apartment it is fantastic during the day but if you look out the window at night you can not see anything, it is pitch black. Bear that in mind.

I think Island Resort is a great place to live and you get great value for money. I highly recommend it but bear in mind it is a bit out of the way. I often get the feeling that once I get home I do not really want to go back out again.

Hope this is helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by ahC
    thanks
    http://www.islandresort.com.hk/

Quote Originally Posted by ahC
    thanks
    this website has a list of apartments for lease/sale, as well as previous property buy/sell records.

u can see at the top that it costs about 16-19 / sq ft for rental. major variables being sea/pool view, and high/low floors.

http://www.centadata.com/eptest.aspx...B&info=&page=0

Island resort chai wan

Hi, we are considering Island resort, chai wan, when we move to HK...does anybody know if there is an international kindergarten nearby? My son is 3 years old then....many thanks!!!

I see a ton of mini school buses every morning from all sorts of places at the tower 5/6 entrance. I am not sure about kindergarten though. My daughter (will be 2 soon), will be attending cannan (in gardenview estates) besides island resort. It's not international but a 5 min walk. Can u believe they asked if we need a school bus despite being that close?!?.

I guess yr best bet would places in stanley or north point for int kindergardens and bus it. Good luck.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by DJ008; 05-06-2010 at 04:14 PM.
    Heikeli likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Heikeli
    Hi, we are considering Island resort, chai wan, when we move to HK...does anybody know if there is an international kindergarten nearby? My son is 3 years old then....many thanks!!!
    How much is the rent there nowadays?

totally depends mate....how many rooms, footage, seaview etc....still a lot cheaper than say grand promenade...prolly on par with heng fa chuen (just nicer and newer) oddly enough, to get to wan chai, central or cwb is faster than say to get to north point or sha kei wan....

Quote Originally Posted by DJ008
    totally depends mate....how many rooms, footage, seaview etc....still a lot cheaper than say grand promenade...prolly on par with heng fa chuen (just nicer and newer) oddly enough, to get to wan chai, central or cwb is faster than say to get to north point or sha kei wan....
    I mean the cheapest rent there nowadays, for the 700+ sq ft

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast