Lai Chi Kok

deleteduser

Lai Chi Kok

Anyone live in this area? How is it? I've never been there, but been to SSP, and it can get quite scuzzy there...

I ask because I found some nice looking rental listings at 3 or 4 buildings all on the same block, in LCK. They all look pretty nice, and are definitely in my price range. But if there is something I should know about the area beforehand (I am going to check these out in 2 weeks), knowing sooner would be better than later.

Better yet, if someone lives there now, I definitely want to talk to you!

I have a flat in the pacifica development, I assume you were looking at that one or Liberte which is next door?

Good clubhouse facilties etc at pacifica but the pool area isn't open yet.

And yes SSP can be a bit scuzzy as I lived there for a short while last week, Very noisy and pretty dirty in places too.

deleteduser
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    I have a flat in the pacifica development, I assume you were looking at that one or Liberte which is next door?

Good clubhouse facilties etc at pacifica but the pool area isn't open yet.

And yes SSP can be a bit scuzzy as I lived there for a short while last week, Very noisy and pretty dirty in places too.
    Cool thanks for the tip!

Yes, I was looking at Pacifica, Liberte, Aqua Marine, and Banyan Garden

Can you do me a favour, and find out if the building allows pets? I know landlords may have individual policies, but if there is an overall pet ban at least I know what to expect (or not tell them )

Thanks!

Pacifica definately does not allow pets, The management company enforced this rule very recently. I'd assume the others would have the same ruling.

Oh and what size flat were you looking for? As I might be renting my one out and its already furnished.

deleteduser
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Pacifica definately does not allow pets, The management company enforced this rule very recently. I'd assume the others would have the same ruling.

Oh and what size flat were you looking for? As I might be renting my one out and its already furnished.
    Looking for a small 2 bdrm - under 700 sq feet. My price range isn't significant (under $12K)

deleteduser

I looked at some flats today at Aqua Marine, Liberte, and Ban Yen Garden. Aqua seemed to have the most sensible floorplans, and while the common area at Ban Yen looked impressive, it seemed pretty much useless... I'd rather have a nice area to jog around than narrow paths snaking through palm trees.

I am still not sold on the Lai Chi Kok area compared to where I am now - I really like it here in Eastern Kowloon. Where I am, it seems more peaceful and quiet, and I don't have to walk down busy streets with a lot of noise and traffic if I don't want to.

What other areas are nice? Anywhere but the island, and I am not considering NT at this point.

Had a look at them too but: You are unable to buy a car parking space should you drive, only rent one. Management fees are quite high, but do of course include telephone line rental, etc which you cannot get out of. The Lai Chi Kok area although relatively convenient does suffer high pollution. I'm around there a couple of times a week and looking from the bridge from Banyan Gardens towards Mei Foo the pollution looks frightening sometimes!

There aren't that many new developments around at the moment, the main ones are in Lai Chi Kok, Tsuen Kwan O, a new one at Kwai Tsing called the Apex but not finished until next year. There are "new" apartments in Sha Tin up at Pictorial Gardens although the building is 10 years old already and they've only rcently started to sell them or up in Ma On Shan. Anything else is further afield.

deleteduser

Thanks for the advice! For me, parking is a total non-issue

And for phone line, etc, that's all included in the rental fees anyway. Aqua didn't have the included phone or internet.

I'll ask my realtor about TKO, thanks

Sorry to revive this old thread, but I'm also looking for a flat in Lai Chi Kok. I know that there are a bajillion real estate agencies in the area, but can anyone recommend a good agent? Or should I just head on over there and take my chances?

Thanks!