Flats in Sheung Wan

Closed Thread

Flats in Sheung Wan

I'm moving to HK in end March, working at The Center in Sheung Wan, but it's an area which I have almost no knowledge of.

Ideally I would like to stay within walking distance of my office, but I'm not sure if that's even possible - if they have flats around there, or if fit into my 6k budget. I'm willing to go slightly higher if it's definitely walking distance...because the savings on transportation evens out.

Are there apartments around the area going for that price? I'm comfortable with a 5-10 min ride on the tram or minibus. I'm not picky about size, as long as the apartment is decent inside and the exterior doesn't give the impression that it's going to collapse anytime.

Which areas should I look for? Is Kennedy Town and Sai Ying Pun an option for me? How far would they be from the MTR station?

lots of apartments all over hk.
    shld be able to get something of a livable size on 6k hkd. but likely to be an old building (20-30years old).

if u don't mind the time then staying nearer to kenedy town wld be cheaper i think. taking the tram is just 2hkd each way, i.e. u do 60trips per month its just 120hkd. but you shld be able to get 20% cheaper rental on same things compared to sheung wan.

Hiya

I live in Kennedy Town and find it convenient. I'll time the distance to Sheung Wan for you next time I'm on the tram. The tram is slow but as Freeier says it's super-cheap!

You might find a very small apartment in a brand new building such as Merton within your budget or just above, with some luck.

about 15mins on bus from kennedy town terminal to wing on sheung wan

Flats if SheungWan

I live in Chinese old building in SheungWan.
    500sqf flat in this building is almost HK$6K.
    I think there are many choices around this area if you don't mind it's old.
    SheungWan is very close to Central so nice facility flats are very expensive. If you cannot find a good place with this badget, just go to western area like Sai Ying Poon and Kennedy Town.

Looks like you could definitely get something in your price range: http://www.gohome.com.hk/english/res...m=0&sizeto=800

Not too sure about quality or size though

Thanks so much for the advice.

I'm starting work early April, so I'll have some time to walk around the area and check out the apartments. I'm pretty comfortable with an older place (especially if that means more bang for the buck), as long as it isn't a dump inside.

The listings online are slightly above my budget, but can I presume that it's mostly negotiable, say by 5-15%?