Mid Levels or Lamma Island

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

hey there...I live on lamma and is a great break from the city...lots of diversity ... people of all ages....many differnet lifestlyles...try it out!

Time management

Well, how do you want to spend most of your time ?
    Do you expect to work long hours ? Is that what is most important to you ?

When I lived in HK, I needed to get away from the city on weekends to de-compress and relax. Living on an island sounds attractive to me for that reason. Instead of finding friends to spend weekends with in the NT (as I did) you'd have your own get-away space. And when you feel like it, you can invite friends to your place on weekends. That should help take the edge off any feelings of isloation. (Isolation in HK ?)

Of course, you'll need to have some extra cash set aside for the times when the ferry doesn't run, as stated by others.

It would be ideal to have both, though, wouldn't it ? A space in the city and one in the country. *sigh*

Are there any unofficial ferries than run to Lamma after hours or is it totally no access between 12.30 and 6?

I believe you can get a sampan from Aberdeen that will take you to Lamma. I don't know how much they cost though.

we paid $110 for a family of 4 from aberdeen to lamma on a sampan- and we were still so jetlagged we didn't haggle at all

OK cool, so it's still theoretically possible.

Are they reasonably safe, or seen as being a really risky option?

Cheers

Safe. But don't jump on a sampan if the ferries have stopped running due to a typhoon!

Great fun too!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3