where to live- single, female, long working hours

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

where to live- single, female, long working hours

Hi all,

I am looking to rent an apartment for a year. I once lived in mid-level right next to the escalator- while it was convenient to reach Central, the building was too old and small, so I am open to other areas as well. I work in IFC and will be working very long hours (so no need for facilities). My budget is HKD14,000~20,000 and prefer studio/1BR.

Some of my top criteria are:
    - open sea view
    - easy access to IFC, either walk or train
    - clean, new building
    - clean, spacious bathroom
    - prefer furnished
    - international dining options around

I know these are hard to meet in HK. Would appreciate your recommendations!!

- H

Sunshine - Have you thought about a serviced apartment? I must say however that an open sea view is rare, and a new building which also has a seaview even rarer within your budget.

Also sent you a private message.

Thanks ALAU but CWB is too crazy for me.

Others- Do Happy Valley apartments have a sea view?

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine8:
    Others- Do Happy Valley apartments have a sea view?
    Yes a few do, but not within your budget range.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine8:
    Hi all,

I am looking to rent an apartment for a year. I once lived in mid-level right next to the escalator- while it was convenient to reach Central, the building was too old and small, so I am open to other areas as well. I work in IFC and will be working very long hours (so no need for facilities). My budget is HKD14,000~20,000 and prefer studio/1BR.

Some of my top criteria are:
    - open sea view
    - easy access to IFC, either walk or train
    - clean, new building
    - clean, spacious bathroom
    - prefer furnished
    - international dining options around

I know these are hard to meet in HK. Would appreciate your recommendations!!

- H
    Look on the other side (for an open sea view and "new Building"). I live in a 10 years old building with full HK harbor view (North Point / CWB / Part of WanChai) on TST side.
    Rent is below the minimum you mention for a 720 sqf (unfurnished but because I have my own stuffs..it could have come furnished).

Try Kennedy. Newish building, sea view, forgot the name of the building but its near the Victoria morgue. HK side, full sea view, but the Westerm MTR line is not open yet so it ill have to be a taxi or bus for you for now.

BTW Happy Valley has no MTR. Closest MTR station is CWB. There is a new building in North Point (the Swire Building) but it would be above your budget.

Try the ones over Elements or Olympic station.

I know it sounds a bit far, but have you ever considered Tung Chung? It is about 30 mins by MTR directly from IFC. The buildings there are very new with great club house facilities. With your budget, you can get about 1,200 sq.ft with three bedrooms and unblocked seaview. Buildings which you can consider are Coastal Skyline, La Rossa, and Caribbean Coast (with CC being the furthest from the MTR station). There are international dining options, and a good mall close by.

Other than that, on the island side, consider buildings such as The Merton (in Kennedy Town), Grand Promenade (around Quarry Bay area), The Zenith (in Wan Chai). The first two are water front property but you need to check whether your budget gets you a seaview unit. Bear in mind that the living area and bedrooms are tiny because they are new buildings.

Good luck.

Tung Chung has, surprisingly, the worst air in Hong Kong because of its relative promiximity to Zhuhai in China (factory area) and the wind blows in the right direction. The air pollution index shows it although you might not see it.

Zenith has tiny units but good facilities. Not THAT close to a MTR station though.

Thanks all for the recommendations.

I once stayed at my friend's place in merton and it was tough to catch a cab in the morning around 9am...Does Manhattan Heights have the same problem (understand there's a shuttle but don't want to have limited freedom!)?

I have absolultely no sense of HK geography (though I lived in HK for about 1.5 years, I hardly went out of Central...tsk tsk). Would appreciate if you guys can share views on the following options..

- Domus U in Pok Fu Lam : does it have a nice neighborhood (expat? local? clean? dirty?)? How to commute to IFC? Easy to get a cab at 9am? Traffic jam?
    - The Arch in Kowloon Station : what time does the MTR run until? If I take a cab in the morning, how long does it take (traffic jam?) and how much does it cost? How's the neighborhood?
    - Ovolo serviced apartment in Shek pai wan in Tin Wan : how long does it take/cost by cab in the morning? easy to catch a cab? How's the neigborhood?

Max. commuting time is 30mins (including time trying to catch a cab+cab ride or public transportation) for me in the morning - any other areas in HK that falls within this radius?

I didnt consider Midlevels and Shengwan as these areas are too old..

Thanks in advance

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast