travel time Lamma - Airport

travel time Lamma - Airport

Hi there,

I am considering staying on Lamma for a short amount of time until having found a proper place for the family (considering Sth Lantau). Lamma just seems to be too far away for the daily commute for a longer time.

Having said that, what is the expected travel time to Chep Lak Kok in the morning, and what would be the fastest means of transport (including buses, MTR, airport express, ferries) ?

thx nick

Don't forget that you can check in at the Airport Express in HK station which is in IFC just near the pier. You can arrive in Central two hours before your flight there no problem. I'd say unless you're flight leaves very early in the morning (before 8.30am, ferry from Lamma to Central around 25mins) you'd have no real problem catching a flight.

If you mean work at the airport, the Airport express will be too expensive. I'd think taking the Tung Chung line in HK station and switching from Tung Chung might then be the best solution.

We get an discount for the airport express, so if the time saved would be worth it, taking the airport is still an option. if it's just 5 minutes faster, rather not.

HK station to Airport is only about 23 mins I believe, so will definitely be much faster!