Like Tree6Likes

Park Island (Ma Wan)

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Park Island Taxi

Shalsd, it was about 3 months ago while I was searching for PI property. The committee minutes referred to a recent meeting.
    From the posting of another geoexpat community, I just learned that there is another bus route from PI to Tsuen Wan.

you bought ur property 3 months ago? or at launch? thanks for all ur help again. What do u do in singapore?

Park Island Property

Shalsd, I bought my property just 4 months ago, actually during my casual stay in HK. Then I had to specifically come to HK again to take over the flat last month. It is an ideal unit, near perfect, and is comparable to a private condomunium in Singapore, which is larger, has better view, more greenery, landscaping and open space, full club facilities etc, which I am accustomed to in Singapore, a place where I have stayed for 5 years.

In Singapore, I am a freelancer mainly in translation, general investors (incl. stocks & properties), self-employer in a small business (e.g. jewellery trading -- by the way, should anyone visiting Singapore and wish to buy high quality jewellery, my partner, a jewellery designer with his own workshop, will be happy to offer a big discount). So I am a HK expat in a sense that I stay in HK quite often. I know both places perfectly well, because I grew up in HK.

Back to my property, as I said, it is ideal for returnees, and I'll be one in a few years time. Park Island in general is highly recommendable to expats, esp. those with kids or pets and who dislike the crowded environment on HK island and who don't mind a bit longer travelling time, as for overseas suburban cities, and who have concerns that they may not get home mid-night or during adverse weather, as for Cheung Chau, Lamma Island, because PI is accessible by 24 hr. ferry and shuttle bus service.

I have a flat in Park Island currently and while it is great, I find it to be a pain in the A** sometimes. Let me address a few things first:

- transport: There are full buses running to/from Tsing Yi and Kwai Fong every 15 minutes (except between 12:30 and 7:00AM, it is every 30 mins). There will be another bus line opening by Nov 2006 going to Hung Hom and TST. There is also a non-frequent mini-bus that goes to/from Tsuen Wan KMB station. Ferries go to Central and Tsuen Wan Pier approx. every 30 minutes.

-Taxis: Meeting minutes do not mean that this will be passed by the Park Island ownership committee. I guarantee you this will not happen. AS someone said before, Park Island is marketed as an environmentally conscious development that relies on the Park-and-ride. Taxi service (although it would be fantastic) will NOT happen.

- Carpark: There will not be a carpark located on Ma Wan. It has been discussed, bur for reasons above, they will not allow it. The only option you have is to take a monthly rental in Tsing Yi air station and take the bus in.

-Environment: Great except for two issues- Disneyland (the firworks are downright irritating on a nightly basis) and the fact that PI is built DIRECTLY in the flight path of HK airport. I live on the 32nd floor of Phase 3 and my windows shake every time a 747/777 takes off.

double post... sorry.

Last edited by goergeWbush; 27-03-2006 at 04:24 PM.

Thanks for the comments GoergeWbush. Has the bus route to tst/hung hom been approved? I wrote an email to the Park Island Bus company and they said that at this stage there was no plan to add additional bus routes except for perhaps one going to the airport. Is there another company involved? I agree that it is highly unlikely that cabs or car would be allowed on the island for the exact reasons you provided. Shaking windows are a bummer, the planes are the exact reason why a low floor would be more attractive. But then again for phase three, that would perhaps mean giving up a seaview. Any comments/views on the current/future of property prices at Park Island?

Thanks George for the information. My flat is on 17/F. I found aeroplane noise level acceptable esp. inside the premises. It also depends on numerous factors, e.g. wind direction etc. and often, plane routes vary. I did pay attention to the noise issue when I viewed other premises. Surprisingly, I found units facing the garden more prone to aeroplane noise pollution, perhaps due to reflection of noise which cannot escape to the open sky.

It'll be a big drawback if taxi cannot get into PI, as not all residents just take the ferry. It is clumpsy for frequent travellers, like me, or else it is very convenient to get to the airport. I think this issue should be addressed seriously by the residents committee.

Red face

Wong,

Thanks for the info. I'm wondering as a resident, do I have to pay for gym and the pool and the rest of the facilities? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by wongsg2005:
    Shalsd, I just checked the management website. Gym is HK$10 per entry. Swimming pool is HK$10 per session (3 sessions daily). Tennis court is $30 or $50 per hr. Dancing room $40 / hr. Piano room $20 / 30 min. Reading room, the only place I have stayed, is f.o.c. Sauna, plunge pool, baby room are f.o.c. Same fees for residents and guests.

Each resident card holder may bring up to 3 guests, who have to pay a refundable admission fee.

There are regular events being held, e.g. cooking sessions, health talks etc.

Your concerns about over-booking may be right, but given the wide variety, there must be something available for every one. I pretended to book the tennis court on-line and found 50% available over this week.

Shalsd, It's under user-paying rules, or else, management fee will be inflated.

Quote Originally Posted by goergeWbush:

Taxi service (although it would be fantastic) will NOT happen.
    Looks like you were wrong huh? Park Island does have a direct taxi service to and from anywhere in Hong Kong.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast