Like Tree6Likes

Park Island (Ma Wan)

Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
  1. #31

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    19,571
    Quote Originally Posted by kryzlowski
    Is Hong Kong a suburb of Shenzhen?
    Not yet...

  2. #32

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    6

    living on Park Island

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit
    Not yet...
    Hi,
    I want to rent a flat on Park Island from September.
    Could someone tell me something about living there?

    Is it so far from the city? How much does the taxi costs? Do You know someone who want to rent a flat?
    Are planes so noisy?

    Regards,
    Bartek

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    106

    best place to be in HK if you have a family with kids. if you're single or just with your missus i would avoid it.
    ferry to central (ifc ferry pier) takes about 22 min. ferry goes every 15 min during rush hour.
    taxi takes only 17 min to central (cheung kong center / hsbc building) but it cost a lot (about $220)
    also have MTR to Kwai Fong/Tsing Yi/Tsuen Wan and take direct shuttle bus from there to PI.
    Planes aren't noisy at all. PI is by far a lot quieter than any places on HK Island or Kowloon as there are no cars.

    Last edited by njaeger; 03-07-2013 at 11:06 PM.

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by njaeger
    best place to be in HK if you have a family with kids. if you're single or just with your missus i would avoid it.
    ferry to central (ifc ferry pier) takes about 22 min. ferry goes every 15 min during rush hour.
    taxi takes only 17 min to central (cheung kong center / hsbc building) but it cost a lot (about $220)
    also have MTR to Kwai Fong/Tsing Yi/Tsuen Wan and take direct shuttle bus from there to PI.
    Planes aren't noisy at all. PI is by far a lot quieter than any places on HK Island or Kowloon as there are no cars.
    Thanks for the quick reply. So, Taxi is so expensive. I remember that when I was living in Kowloon I was paying also $200 for taxi. How much cost the ferry to central?
    I will live there just couple of month and I will be travelling a lot. I thought it will be close to Airport. I need some quiet place to stay with my fiance.

    In any case, I will ask the agency about possible flats in the area.

    Thank You once again.

    Bye,

    Bartek

  5. #35

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    106

    Ferry is about $18 for residents (and $22 for visitors)
    Airport is not too far away. we have shuttle bus going there 24/7 living every 30 min. it takes exactly 30 min to get there.
    Park Island is pretty nice to relax. You will enjoy the 4 clubhouses, 3 outdoor and 2 indoor pools, the jacuzzis, steam rooms, saunas, tennis courts, badminton, squash, pool, snooker, ping pong, climbing wall, football, basketball. you name it. best club house you can get in the whole of HK thats for sure. and the Ma Wan beach as well. Just come have a look one week end. plenty of estate agents. they'll show u a few flats


  6. #36

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,693

    If you like living in a giant resort-type development devoid of any local character, then maybe Park Island is for you. TBH, you wouldn't even know you're in HK. It's like a little cocoon of exclusivity. Alternatively you could try DB.

    TheBrit likes this.

  7. #37

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by njaeger
    Ferry is about $18 for residents (and $22 for visitors)
    Airport is not too far away. we have shuttle bus going there 24/7 living every 30 min. it takes exactly 30 min to get there.
    Park Island is pretty nice to relax. You will enjoy the 4 clubhouses, 3 outdoor and 2 indoor pools, the jacuzzis, steam rooms, saunas, tennis courts, badminton, squash, pool, snooker, ping pong, climbing wall, football, basketball. you name it. best club house you can get in the whole of HK thats for sure. and the Ma Wan beach as well. Just come have a look one week end. plenty of estate agents. they'll show u a few flats
    Beach and clubhouse is what I need the most. I will buy a ticket to HK soon and visit some estate agents. After what You have say I am looking forward to see this place.
    Probably, it will suits my needs best. I just need to find out how to fix all the issues with visas and it will be good.
    Thank You very much.

    Thx and See You soon maybe,

    Bartek

  8. #38

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    6

    To Mr dollars :

    Okay. DB? what You mean? Maybe, I should try to find something over there.
    I am looking for something quiet which includes all convenience. I dont want to live in a heart of HK. It is too noisy.


  9. #39

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,693

    Db is similar to Park Island, just more developed and more restaurants etc. 24 hour ferry to central, all the amenities, lots of other expats.


  10. #40

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    TST and Macau
    Posts
    1,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartek S
    ...I need some quiet place to stay with my fiance...
    I strongly suggest that you go and see the place before making a decision. I checked it out a year ago and found the noise from the traffic on the bridge far more disturbing than the planes.

Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast