Contractor for waterproofing

Closed Thread

Contractor for waterproofing

Hi all,

I have a problem with water leakage from the roof in my flat. The flat is in Tsim Sha Tsui.

I was wondering - could someone please recommend a reliable contractor for this?

Thank you

hi - i am wondering whether you have an estate management company, because they are responsible for the up keeping of the outside of the building.

this includes any water seeping into the building etc.

however, if you do not have an estate management, and you have access to the roof........you can go to a DIY shop and buy a large tub of a water proofing liquid. (costs about hk$200)...covering an area of 10 metre X 10 metres.

(first impression looks like a child PVC glue).

this gluey material stuff ....... which you can apply using a large paint brush and just apply on the suspected area (it is just like painting).......and after 3 hours, it will become a hard surface and water proof....

another alternative is pay a contractor and forgo the hassle of buying any water proof materials....the contractor will use the traditional method of heated tar.

i hope this has help.

thank you Will. Actually, I'm sorry, there's another apartment on top and then the roof. So, I guess water may be seeping from the apartment above this one. I will look into this, thank you