Moving to HK in 2 weeks

Closed Thread

Moving to HK in 2 weeks

I'm moving to Hong Kong in a couple of weeks with a sort of internal transfer. I have been to HK before but only as a tourist and to be honest, I don't even remember much apart from LKF and the Peninsula high tea thing.

My company is giving me a lump sum relocation allowance within which I have to find a serviced apartment for my first month or so while I look for more long-term accomodation. They did try and put me in touch with Savills (?) but I don't think the agent is very interested in me.

Any advice on where I should stay? Somewhere with younger expats (I'm 24) would be nice - I don't know anybody in HK and am a little worried I'll die of boredom. My budget is about HKD15000 for a month.

try some services apartment...

you can check details fo serviced apartment from the link below:
    Hong Kong Serviced Apartments - Reviews and Ratings
    usually $10k/month

the website maybe useful too~
    Property Search - Square Foot

try shama mid-levels or central 88. :-) good location and lots of young professionals staying there, although the latter isn't really that important, i think.

thanks everyone! i've got some responses from serviced apartments for my first month. i'm looking at either regent heights, soho 69 or Yi serviced apartments (my office is in TST). i liked shama mid-levels but they haven't gotten back to me. any idea which might be better?

also, does it make sense to live around TST if I work there? i know it's cheaper than the island but everyone keeps suggesting staying on the island if i want to be social. which i totally do! suggestions would be welcome!

you should stay on the HK island then if you want an active social life! you can stay in the central or admiralty area. both are connected to TST by MTR.

a 600 ftsq HK island flat is jsut HK$9000 per month... your budget is too much ... let me knwo if u need help