Moving to HK in Sep/Oct.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Moving to HK in Sep/Oct.

Is it easy to find apartments once you arrive in HK? We are not sure of the area and want to stay in corporate housing initially. Is Sep/Oct a good time for apartments? Also, do they do shorter term leases or is 2 years standard?

Apartments

Hi,

Visit http://www.gohome.com.hk/

Sangam VK

Too easy to find apartments. A lot of choices in every area. City versus country, apartment versus village house, you can spend as much or as little as you want.
    Be easier if there weren't so many choices.

Quote Originally Posted by X-NYC mama:
    Is it easy to find apartments once you arrive in HK? We are not sure of the area and want to stay in corporate housing initially. Is Sep/Oct a good time for apartments? Also, do they do shorter term leases or is 2 years standard?
    Hi, it is relatively easier for you to decide which apartment you would pick. However, before you come to HK, you have to give priority to all the factors affecting your choice: budget, communal time, city life vs countryside life etc.

Then you can choose between Midlevel vs southside (Repulse Bay) etc.

A lot of people will bein your case and stay in serviced apartment for the first one or two months. The husband will be working while the wife's job will be mainly home hunting.

Sept and Oct is a good timing since a lot of apartment will be on the marketing again.

A 2 year lease with a 12+2 or 12+3 break clause seems to be a standard here in HK.

Hope the info helps.

i think that he means commuting time, rather than communal time.. this is the free-est market in the world, not the "communist" north!

Unhappy Free economy?

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    this is the free-est market in the world, not the "communist" north!
    Used to maybe be the free-est. The Chinese government just finished mucking around with that PCCW sale. Might be the shape of things to come.

Possible Moving to HK in Aug/ Sept

Hi,

I might be moving to HK in Aug/ Sept. I would like to seek advice on accomodation. Preferably furnished apartment which the rental inclusive of the basic utility fee. I have been advised that the rental is about HK$9000. Not sure how realistic is this figure. My work location is near Sai Chao Wan Road, Tsing Yi.

in 11 years in HK, i have NEVER had a flat with utilities included...they are ALWAYS paid by the tenant... this is because the consumption of electric varies widely, especially in the summer months with air conditioning costs...

The serviced apartments will be furnished and throw in the utilities too. Although $9,000 seems rather low. Horizon in Ma On Shan advertises that rate, but the apartment is 700 square feet and you won't have all the services that the more expensive apratments have.

and if you're working in tsing yi, you will NOT want to live in ma on shan... it's clear across the city!

sorry, you're right, serviced apts include utilities... i wasn't even considering them, i was thinking normal flats/apts....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast