move to hong kong with 15 month old?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

move to hong kong with 15 month old?

Hi, my husband has been offered an excellent job in Hong Kong but not sure if its the right move, would be for 2 years. i'm worried about the lifestyle for my 15 month old girl, living areas etc. Its a great opportunity but would need to find good area to live family areas and expat communities.

Please help, any advice about anything regrading a move would be appreciated.If we do decide to go then it would be soon in October!

guess what? people in hk have children all the time! i, myself, have a 17 month old and another one on the way!
    and there are many areas that would be great for your little one! not to mention the people he'll meet that he wouldn't normal be exposed to!

you can try:

Discovery Bay
    Sai Kung
    South Island (Stanley, Repulse Bay, Tai Tam, etc)

All of these areas have many families with kids and large concentrations of expats....

Alot of people with kids find HK easier than say London or NY because of the ready supply of affordable home help.

You'll get tons more advice on www.geobaby.com

Baby in HK-land

We're coming with an almost 5 month old. Should be great for him growing up.

I lived myself in HKG some time ago for 7 years as an expat and now I am thinking of moving back,- but jow WITH my child (3).
    There are lot of things to do, good international schools, kindergardens,- your child will have lots of choices! You might check out:
    http://www.hkwithkids.com/hotels.htm

My husband has also just accepted a job in HK and we be moving there soon in Sept with 2 young kids. Any recommendation on the areas/districts that is good for family and kids?

i think with kids, the best area is Discovery Bay.... it's just that not all people like it...
    i've been in HK for 11.5 years and have lived in Db for the past 5.5 years... absolutely love it...

have a 17 month old boy and another baby on the way... wouldn't want to live anywhere else in HK...

Quick question: how is the lifestyle of a 15 months old girl?
    I myself have an 18 months old girl, living in HK, high rise building in Kowloon, and her lifestyle is staying with us in the apartment, staying with us when we go out, staying with us when we travel.
    Am I missing anything?

Quote Originally Posted by chubbysan:
    My husband has also just accepted a job in HK and we be moving there soon in Sept with 2 young kids. Any recommendation on the areas/districts that is good for family and kids?
    By "HK" do you mean on HK Island?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast