Yeun Long/Tseun Wan West

Yeun Long/Tseun Wan West

Can anyone tell me about these areas please? I am curious about restaurants, malls, night clubs, pollution, population, transit, safety, hiking, etc. (we're in our late 20's, if that matters)

Also, if there are any suggestions for flats around these areas, that would be great. We are looking for something with a resort feel and nice facilities. A long term rental hotel would be great so that we wouldn't have to furnish it. Budget 10-15k/month.

Thanks for your help!

*sorry, that's Yuen Long.... ooops

Yeun Long/Tseun Wan West

Can anyone tell me about these areas please? I am curious about restaurants, malls, night clubs, pollution, population, transit, safety, hiking, etc. (we're in our late 20's, if that matters)

Also, if there are any suggestions for flats around these areas, that would be great. We are looking for something with a resort feel and nice facilities. A long term rental hotel would be great so that we wouldn't have to furnish it. Budget 10-15k/month.

Thanks for your help!

i'm not sure how much message posted twice... sorry.... i can't figure out how to delete it. please just respond under the other one. thanks.

Yuen Long is no TST, but you probably knew that. There are no nightclubs afaik. Yuen Long on the other hand is infested with great little restaurants. And if you like going for walks, there's wetlandpark The East Rail line is great, takes less than 30mins to get to MK. I consider YL to be safe, safer than Sham Shui Po for example. People are more laid back than in kowloon.

Air in Tsuen Wan isn't that good. Yuen Long is better. Street food in both area is fantastic though.

My friend has been staying here for 2 years now in tsuen wan
    The Royal View Hotel, Luxury Hotel in Hong Kong

resort feeling..you can get a serviced apartment for 10-15 K and they have all facilities you need.

I love tsuen wan west. It's really affordable and a good location. The west rail stops running earlier than the tung chung/ tsuen wan line and the tsuen wan west area is still accessible by red taxi and the tsuen wan line til past 1 unlike yuen long which you'll need a green taxi for.

Are you saying " tsuen wan west" as the area around tsuen wan west MTR or the west side of Tsuen Wan. There's a slight different IMHO. I live in Tsuen Wan, so can try to give my views if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin_Angel:
    I would 2nd the comment about The Royal View Hotel, Luxury Hotel in Hong Kong it is within your budget and the smallest studio would be in the lower end at that... I know of several people that lived there and couldn't have been happier with the decision. One word of advise - do not take the leasing's 1st available room ask (demand) to see all the sizes before you decide. They have been know to upsell people to bigger rooms - therefore higher rental.